• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

RO-MAN pork puller

SeaDogBBQ

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Any caterers out there use the RO-MAM pork puller? The video looks like it works pretty good. Any other thoughts/gadgets out there than can help ease the pulling 100+ pounds of pork.

Here is the link. http://www.porkpuller.com/

Thanks
Jeremy

does seem a little pricey. i've never had to pull 100+ pounds at a time so not sure how long it would take, but the bear claws do the job pretty quick and are much cheaper

I have no personal experience but when people have asked about these in the past, I believe some have had issues where it turns the pork into mush.

Doh...looks like im a violator and there are others threads. Should have used the search feature.:tsk:

Last edited:
I bought one from a different guy and really like it.

http://gotbbq.webs.com/

It does shred the pork, and is perfect for catering. I can shred 4-5 butts at one time in like 30 seconds. Would not use it for competition, but for catering/vending it works great. I think it is a little cheaper too than the other version.

Not conected to the company at all, just a happy user.

Pete

I catered my cousins wedding and was dreading hand pulling 16 Boston Butts. I found the Ro-man pork puller and ordered one, believe me it was worth the money. I pulled all 16 butts in 30 minutes and you couldn't tell it wasn't pulled by hand. Might be the best investment next to my thermapen. Hope this helps.

Will work for a little. I went through about 4 of them and the broke all the time and burned out drills. great concept for a few butts here and there but no good for high volume. You are better off getting one fabricated by a welder so there are no bolts involved

We were putting three large butts into a five gallon bucket. 20 seconds later, pork ready to sauce and serve. We were cooking 1200 to 2000 pounds of pork per day and were very glad to have some Roman pork pullers there to use. Not for comps but high volume. We did pull what was left of the fat caps first. Welded ones do work better.Steve.

Will work for a little. I went through about 4 of them and the broke all the time and burned out drills. great concept for a few butts here and there but no good for high volume. You are better off getting one fabricated by a welder so there are no bolts involved

If you would stop buying those $10 harbor freight drills then they wouldn't burn out

Agreed on the welding.

11uysdj.jpg

detrm8.jpg

I had a party not to long ago and pulled about 100 lbs by hand... I would of bought this in a moment of weakness to get the process done. But I agree, too pricey!

I love mine. 2 cases pulled and panned=20 minutes. I think it's worth every penny. I have done 10,000 pounds in the last 2 years and it's held up great and the old Makita cordless is still hanging in there.

we've been using it for about 2 yrs, wouldn't think of any other way for doing bulk pork for catering and vending, we pulled 500 pounds in about 15-20 minutes, I had a tine come loose once, called them up, sent me a replacement right away, since then no issues at all, would not use a cordless drill, definately need to use a decent electric drill. for anyone that says it comes up mushy, we've found if you try to do too many butts at once, all the steam makes the meat mushy, we only do 3-4 butts a time, i'd recommend it to anyone doing any kind of volume. for the restaurant, we just pull butts by hand as we need them thou.

Back