The Rub Co.'s Santa Maria and Barbeque rubbed Ribeyes

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So I got this ungraded whole boneless ribeye at the local mom and pop for 3.99/lb: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117711

And cut some steaks for grilling. Both Ryan and Moose had suggested I try the half and half combo of The Rub Co.'s Santa Maria Style and Barbeque rubs. So that's what I did. I dusted them liberally and let them sit in the fridge uncovered overnight. Brought them out and let them come up to room temp while I fired up the kettle for reverse sear.

Onto the grill they go

indirect.jpg

After they reached 120...

reversesear1.jpg

reversesear.jpg

And resting...nice and juicy!:becky:

resting.jpg

resting3.jpg

Meanwhile, Redhot did the asparagus and mushrooms...

Asparagus.jpg

Stirring the easy way...just give the pan a good shake

shrooms.jpg

Redhot does the veggies most of the time as she nails it better then me...and I won't even mention chicken:roll:

On the plate...
plate-1.jpg

plate3.jpg

And the money shot
plate1-1.jpg

plate2.jpg

These were AWESOME! The rub combo is a must try folks. And the 3.99/lb ribeyes weren't to shabby either.:-D

Thanks for looking! And Moose, I am a reverse sear convert.:thumb:

In deguerre's original thread where he posted this find, several people said that the "no roll" ribeye was better to cook as roast and they weren't good to cook as steaks. That got me a little concerned. But these turned out FANTASTIC, very tender and juicy! I loved the combination of the Rub Co. rubs used, I had to force myself to stop eating! This is one "find" I'm happy he couldn't resist buying!

In deguerre's original thread where he posted this find, several people said that the "no roll" ribeye was better to cook as roast and they weren't good to cook as steaks. That got me a little concerned. But these turned out FANTASTIC, very tender and juicy! I loved the combination of the Rub Co. rubs used, I had to force myself to stop eating! This is one "find" I'm happy he couldn't resist buying!
Yep. I may have to get another couple of these.:becky:

Yowza! Those steaks look amazing! Veggies look awesome as well. Just finished eating a taco and you made me hungry again. Glad you like the rub combo, too.

Have you ever tried adding a chunk of smoking wood to your coals while you're doing the indirect part of the cook? It adds a great flavor, kind of tastes like the meat was cooked over a wood fire. Works especially well for larger cuts like ribeyes and tri-tips.

Yowza! Those steaks look amazing! Veggies look awesome as well. Just finished eating a taco and you made me hungry again. Glad you like the rub combo, too.

Have you ever tried adding a chunk of smoking wood to your coals while you're doing the indirect part of the cook? It adds a great flavor, kind of tastes like the meat was cooked over a wood fire. Works especially well for larger cuts like ribeyes and tri-tips.

I did that last time but on this cook I was using Kingsford Hickory infused briquettes. Wasn't sure if an additional chunk was necessary. It could have used one though.

I wish y'all were my neighbors!

I'd bring Guerry a bottle of his favorite Gin and a 2X4 for Michele.:laugh:

Great looking cook!:thumb:

This whole situation has caused me great pain. I am not supposed to be an envious person and now I am having huge amounts of envy. I think the only thing to do is for you and Redhot to come to FL and replicate the whole meal here.

You know that would be the only right thing to do........:becky:

In all seriousness that is some beautiful food y'all have there!! I would love to give it a go one of these days and to be able to find the ungraded ribeye for 30+ bucks v. 100+ for the same think in select, I would jump all over it!! Great find and work!:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Back