• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked stuffed pork tenderloin

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My name is Dan and I'm officially a BBQ addict. While this was smoking I was planning my next menu.

Stuffing was cornbread...mixed with sauteed green peppers, onions and garlic. Of course you gotta top a filler like that with shredded cheese, right? Wrapped her in bacon and smoked with apple until 160. Let her sit for a bit, then sliced and served with asparagus and wild rice.

Sorry no pics of her all sliced, but I was on my 3rd glass of red and just plain forgot....

Last edited:
looks like it made a great meal.:thumb:

looks great! like your stuffing. FYI, that is a pork LOIN, not a tenderloin!

I like how you wrapped it up in foil like a burrito. That is my kind of serving size! :clap2:

Looks good. Bought 3 big pork loins for this weekend's smoke and looking for ideas. They are 10lbs each so we cut them into 3rds. Hey at $1.89 for pork loin and 2.29 for cheap hamburger I stocked up!

When it comes to pork loins, I always preach not to overcook them. Lot of folks think that because it's pork, you gotta go 160-165. This just isn't the case with "today's" pork. It's so lean that overcooking will make it very dry. I like to pull mine between 142-146 and let it rise 3 or 4 degrees. Tenderloins will get pulled at 138 or so for me.

Fine looking there , and that stuffing sounds great!

When it comes to pork loins, I always preach not to overcook them. Lot of folks think that because it's pork, you gotta go 160-165. This just isn't the case with "today's" pork.

I had reservations about letting it go that long. However, I had a few guests over and didn't want to take any chances (and I guess I got lucky because it wasn't dry at all). Next one I do will be for the guys in the firehouse so I'll experiment with the lower temps on them......:becky:

And thanks to everyone for all the nice comments. This bbq thing has quickly become a part of me.......

I thought you are supposed to drink white wine with Pork :laugh:. Nice looking pork loin and bet it was tasty:thumb:.

Back