• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Genuien Texas Brisket

So that's how they cook brisket in Texas.

Even I know better than that. I feel a lynching party coming on.

don't be to quick to judge it's not that different than wrapping in foil with beer thinned bbq sauce. his times might be a little off for 300 but if in hurry would work

I lived in Texas most of my life and never saw, nor heard of, a brisket being cooked that way (in BBQ sauce) - however, the author did note that is not really a TX method. But, hey, if ya like it that way, go for it - just don't call it TX style, please!

This is merely a problem of editing. the editor chose a guy from alabama that admits he doesn't know squat about brisket, much less texas brisket.

So there's the first problem. Then he decides to write the article about texas Brisket and researches enough to find recipes texans find "offensive" and decides to conclude that this is the recipe that best typifies brisket in texas to Title it that.

A parralell.

I am going to write an article about the Brilliance of the American Auto Market.

I chose a guy from Somolia that knows nothing about america, to prove an argument that the US has the best cars by using the ford pinto as an example.

The picture looks gross. Like Sonny Bryants BBQ - which is in Texas... LOL

Maybe he could post a real Texas chili recipe using five kinds of beans . . .

I have lived in Texas all my life, and it was sure nice of him to tell us how to cook Texas brisket. I learn somthing new every day.

Recipe #3 called for liquid smoke. Yummie. Those texans know how to do it.
Hey smokey fin. We live in sister cities.

Last edited:
Hugh, I got into a prolonged argument with a person whose sister lives in Texas and says that chili does indeed have beans in it. And since she lives in Texas, she would know. I think you Texans have been lying to us all these years and you all do eat beans in your chili.

:lol:

Back