Why its is Generally Texas against the Rest of the World

holy crap man im going that aint to far for fried bacon (chicken fried) that is

In answer to your original question in the title. It is because they hate us all for being so dang good looking. :biggrin:

As for the chicken fried bacon, that is one of those "live fast, love bacon, die young and leave a beautiful memory" type of recipes.

Last edited:
Heard it was a big success at the Texas State Fair. I've never tried it but I'm game.

I've seen chocolate covered bacon done a couple of times on food network, but not chicken fried. I'd give it a try.

I saw a mention of bacon icecream in "Fine Cooking" magazine or their newsletter. Hell, maybe a little chicken fried bacon icecream...pass me the tequila:biggrin:

I went to this place about 7 or 8 years ago; however, I don't recall seeing chicken fried bacon on the menu. What I do remember is the steak that overlaps the plate (see the beginning of the video). While it wasn't Ruth Cris-quality, it was dang good for a roadside diner. I'd hit that steak again (twice)! :wink:

They're jealous cuz they can't be Texans. Pure, plain and simple. (they eat brown gravy up here and don't even know what catfish is!)

Here's what I learned from the Canadians, road trips aint measured in hours, they're measured in cases.

NOW GET THIS my favorite is wraping oysters with good bacon, rolling it in corn meal and deep frying. I found this oyster recipe watching PBS TV Leigh Chase Dookie Chase in New Orleans. I was there the week before Katrina hit and she was in the kitchen cooking.

Weimer TX has Kasper's Meat Mkt, I buy jowl bacon for 2 buck a lb for the deer lease. What is left my wife chicken frys for me. Fulsher TX just on the outskirts of Houston had really good Pecan smoked bacon and sausage. Their bacon is thick sliced and is good chicken fried.

took the wife to giudos last night, just to say we went there (i have taken all my wives there ONCE) just to say we have been there.

NOW GET THIS my favorite is wraping oysters with good bacon, rolling it in corn meal and deep frying. I found this oyster recipe watching PBS TV Leigh Chase Dookie Chase in New Orleans. I was there the week before Katrina hit and she was in the kitchen cooking.

Weimer TX has Kasper's Meat Mkt, I buy jowl bacon for 2 buck a lb for the deer lease. What is left my wife chicken frys for me. Fulsher TX just on the outskirts of Houston had really good Pecan smoked bacon and sausage. Their bacon is thick sliced and is good chicken fried.

Honey!! Pack the bags!! We're going to Snook Texas!!!!!

Make sure you stop and get some Slovacek sausage. They made a mistake with a special order of mine once, but made it right and under a very tight deadline (FedEx of sausage in Texas in August), AND followed up with a phone call as well as email! They make a great product as well!

I'm not even going to mention the woman working there that was wearing boots, Wranglers, and looked a lot like Jessica Simpson...but better!

Sodolak's makes a kickin' chicken fried steak for sure. One would have to wake up pretty early in the morning to beat it.

If you are in the area, check out the Lake Somerville Steakhouse too. They can fix a cow up real nice. You won't leave hungry and the ice tea is fantastic!

Back