Friday wings and beer

campdude

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I thought I'd post some pron of todays cook. My sister makes killer wing sauce. I look forward to getting packages from her when she makes batches of it. She sent me a box right before Christmas with two jars of sauce. One was her new recipe with more peppers (scorpions and ghost)in it. The second jar was a blend of the new batch with some of her older recipe. The new was what she was calling 5x sauce. It's hot, but very flavorful. I seasoned up a bunch of wings with Plowboys Yardbird, then grilled on the gasser. The new sauce is very thin. It needs to be thicker, but is it good. Sorry no pics of a plate, but once I sauced them up we just hit them hard and fast. We enjoyed a few good dark brews with them. Hope you are all having a great Friday afternoon, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 100_1212 (Small).JPG
    100_1212 (Small).JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Now that looks like a great way to spend a Friday! I can see the potential for a wing/beer feedback loop. :hungry:

It HAS been a great way to spend a Friday afternoon. Wings and beer, one of life's great combos!
Now that looks like a great way to spend a Friday! I can see the potential for a wing/beer feedback loop. :hungry:

Can't complain about that combo, definitely one of my favorites. Wings and Beer. I usually do them 1x a week. Nice cook

The pic of the finished wings is a pic of them sauced. It's hard to tell they're sauced. It's really thin compared to previous versions. It is very tasty and HOT though.
Perfect Combo right there! Any close up pics of the wing sauce?

Bob

Can't get any better than wings and beer. Look great Marty.

That sauce is outstanding. When her and my BIL lived in FL, they were selling it to a few local restaurants. Since they moved to MN they aren't selling it anymore, but she has been tweeking the recipe to get more heat and flavor. This one has done it.
Looks great. The homemade sauces sound outstanding - enjoy!

Looks very tasty. looks like a plan for this weekends football games. Go Saints!

Back