Attn: Northern Cali Brethren

If anyone donated money to martyleach@paypal.com as I requested, it did not go through. The correct paypal.com donations address is martyleach@yahoo.com. I just became aware of this today and am so sorry. Feeling stupid. Bob had the correct address above but I responded to Guerry's post with the wrong one..... If you did sent to the wrong address, I will be happy to help you get it back.

Thanks Guerry! We still need a bit of money here to get this done. A real bummer they cranked it from 200 to 350 people. Way more resources needed. We are trying to provide them with a quality BBQ meal of Tri-Tip, Pulled pork sammies, Chicken, hot dogs, Caesar salad, cole slaw, Smoked BBQ beans, Mac and Cheese, Vegetable fajitas and a host of desserts. Big job and fighting for money.... money can go to martyleach@paypal.com and anything helps. Thanks so much

I've got to say, for a charity event, that was one of the most fulfilling ones I have attended.
The group of volunteers we had were there to work as opposed to getting their name in Lights! Our people showed up despite record colds, rain and a really bad weather forecast. Dave and Deny Bart of Bart's Blazin Q took control of us and made this event happen.
The Army was very organized despite our inability to get information very quickly. When we got there they had a work detail to do whatever.
The event started exactly when they said it would and we were finished serving the last person about an hour later. Awesome for 300 people.
The Army families were polite, respectful and filled with gratitude for what we were doing. Really nice. I had people randomly walking up to me and thanking me.
I would love to do this again!

What a great day, I will work on getting more photos up to share soon.

I want to mention, that the BBQ Brethren played a huge roll in making this happen, from the numerous individual donors, to Phil and Motoeric, who provided a great deal of input and support. It truly showed what the BBQ Brethren can be about, when we get out of the Woodpile.

Dave and Deny were the MVP's killing it with the food and setup experience. But, we had amazing help, up and down the line, from the other Brethren that showed up, as well as a few friends along the way. We provided these soldiers and their families with an amazing meal, and the XO, CSM and SSG each came to me repeatedly, to let me know how much we were appreciated, how great the food was, and most of all, how much they appreciated the support and appreciation we showed to them and their command.

I received a wonderful gift and the opportunity to pass a little of that gift around, but, I felt the credit was far to generous to me, as it was truly a great team effort. I thank everyone who came out today, despite ominous weather, I thank all of the personal donors, I thank Phil and Eric and all of the sponsors, Bart's Blazing Q, Head Country Rubs and Sauces, Big Butz BBQ Sauces, Phat Matt's BBQ, Lucky Dog Hot Sauce, Otis Spunkmeyer and I am sure I am forgetting a few.

What a day!

It was truly an honor to be there today and be a small part of the team that made this happen. The Barts really outdid themselves. Not that I am surprised, but they just really had it going on. The soldiers and families were so grateful. You guys would all have been very proud of the quality of food served today. It was high quality, better than you would find in almost any restaurant, BBQ. One of the leaders told me this was the best meal they have EVER had served to them.

So many good folks all pitching in and helping wherever needed. Thank you to Bob and Marty for organizing and everyone else who came out today to pitch in. And thank you to the Brethren for the donations as that is what really made this happen. I really felt that I was just physically doing the work that so many of you would have done yourselves if you had been closer.

I can see this becoming an annual thing for these troops and I would be honored to help make it happen again.

It was great being a part of the crew and thanks to Bob, Marty, all for organizing. Count me in on an annual event. Here's a shot of the plaque thanking all the Brethren for their help and donations to make this happen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 25
Back