How Often do you smoke?

As far as actual smoking (several-hours cooks of big chunks of meat like butts or ribs and such,) probably 2-3x a month-sometimes more, sometimes less. I tend to smoke a lot of meat at once if I'm making something like pulled pork, and vacuum seal and freeze a bunch instead of firing the smoker all day every week for one meal's worth. Now as far as grilling, there is a grill fired up here probably at least 5x a week. Hell, I cook breakfast on the grill sometimes.

At least once a week but usually two or three times. It just depends on what the local church's and scout groups, youth bb teams ,family and friends have going on

Couple three times/month on average. I'd like to do more but I also like to fill the smoker up. And then I freeze lots of smoked meat and have to work down the reserves before I smoke again.
If we're talking grilling over charcoal, then it would be couple three times/week during the grilling season. (Around here, the grilling season runs from January 1 through December 31. :biggrin1: )

An average of 6-7 times a month and sometimes more during holidays, memorial day, labor day, 4th of July, etc.

I am an addict right now. I have cooked almost every day on my Kamado since I got it about 6 weeks ago. Looking for a good 12 step program. Maybe Q.A. I need a sponsor though. Maybe Gore will volunteer!

Now that its starting to warm up outside, I've cooked at least once a week for the last month or so. Once it warms up (this weekend!) I usually cook 3-4times a week on the cooker. Wish it was more, but i work super long hours

I am 2-3 times a week with a grill and 4-6 times a month with my big offset

At least once a weekend for me. More during holidays. And if i had more time it would be more often than that and there would be more experimenting. :idea:

I'll grill probably once every other week. Smoking; I usually do fairly large quantities when I smoke (like a 100#s of meat), so now I usually smoke only 3 or 4 times a year unless we're competing. We EAT BBQ a helluva lot more than 3 or 4 times a year...

I'm up to a couple times a week already. It'll be more this summer, but was down to twice a month or so in Dec. and Jan. It helps that my rig doubles as the fire pit. I could sit around a fire outside every night if I could keep up with the wood gathering.

Smoke once a week and grill minimum of once a week. This is year round. As long as I can get it lit, I love smoking in the rain.

I generally smoke something twice per month. When I'm not smoking something, I'm probably grilling something else.. 2-3 times per week.

I concur with Daggs: I really don't care much about the weather... I've been known to smoke and grill in the rain, sleet, snow, hail... There's just no keeping a Tarheel from his barbecue.

I smoke at least once a week for me.... and depending on my catering it can be alot more :)

Back