• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren *OFFICIAL* IMBAS MOINK Ball Certificates now available!

I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahuPW6_t-z0"]The Jerk (5/10) Movie CLIP - Navin's in Print! (1979) HD - YouTube[/ame]

CD

Here goes nothing

My first ever smoke of anything on my brand new UDS last weekend, MOINK balls of course, since that is what one is supposed to do, right? 100% beef, the 80/20 stuff, I did add an egg to help it stick, if that's against the rules don't certify me, but I checked the frozen meatballs at the grocery and was appalled at all the soy filler in them so opted for real meat instead, wrapped carefully in bacon, stabbed with a soaked toothpick and nestled into my UDS for 90 minutes while it purred away at 250F... (the only thing better than a UDS is a UDS that behaves so well on one's first try!) oh yes, regular charcoal with a few pieces of applewood. I am so new to this I'm not sure if that's the best wood etc. but my neighbor had given us some 'match-light' charcoal and I certainly did NOT use that... just the regular stuff. The MOINKs certainly did taste delicious! Wow I love this UDS thing...

Attachments

• IMG_6382s.jpg
    IMG_6382s.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 140
MOINKCert_Singed_Stache_zpsc1dec410.jpg

Love the table set-up on the uds, SS. Very cool! :thumb:

My official IMBAS MOINK Ball Certificate Submission

Hey, it's a reason to fire up the new Yoder, so here it goes. I figured for MOINKS, I should use a cow rub and a pig rub. And they worked pretty well together.

_DSC1123_zpsdcdc52d5.jpg

_DSC1125_zps1c91c4f8.jpg

I did some pig candy at the same time too.
_DSC1131_zpsd013a3c7.jpg

_DSC1136_zps28223378.jpg

The Yoder NAILED these. They were awesome.

Oh, Grand Moinker!

Is there a deadline for submission? I may have to run to the store to make some tonight!

And, at the risk of being drummed out of moinkballerdom, since cheese is a by-product of a cow (beef), might I submit beefy cheesy moinkballs?

Hmmm. Seems like cheating if you have to buy store bought meatballs!:razz:

MOINKCert_nucornhusker_zps0f608adb.jpg

Oh, Grand Moinker!

Is there a deadline for submission? I may have to run to the store to make some tonight!

And, at the risk of being drummed out of moinkballerdom, since cheese is a by-product of a cow (beef), might I submit beefy cheesy moinkballs?

There is no deadline. Not at this time.

As for the cheese, I would suggest making a few WITHOUT cheese to be certified as true MOINK. That way you can also have plenty of cheese filled ones for you to enjoy. True MOINK require only 100% beef for the meatball (you can add seasonings though, but cheese is not a seasoning).

Hmmm. Seems like cheating if you have to buy store bought meatballs!:razz:

Actually, the ORIGINAL MOINK Balls were created with store bought meatballs, and in fact using store bought used to be the requirement to get MOINK certified. However, such store bought meatballs are not available in all countries and one user (NOSKOS) asked if an exception could be made to allow homemade meatballs since that was the ONLY way he could get beef meatballs in his country. Thus the NOSKOS rule was born, and ever since homemade meatballs are allowed as Certfid MOINK.

A bit of MOINK history for all of you!:thumb:

*bump*

Anybody make any MOINK and looking for a certificate?

I will this weekend, but I need to know if the MOINKS can have cheese in them (Cheese being a dairy product).....

I don't want to be booted out the MOINKball society for adulterated balls....

No, that would be a Stuffed MOINK, and I am not certified to judge Stuffed MOINK. There are also no certification requirements for Stuffed MOINK, thus no Stuffed MOINK Certificate exists.

However, if you take a picture of them, and they look like legitimate MOINK, and you don't tell me they are stuffed, I would be none the wiser and would probably give you a certificate anyway!:becky: Then you can tell all your friends how you pulled one over on those stodgy, tempermental IMBAS Overlords.:thumb:

Otherwise, if your balls clearly do not live up to MOINK standards, then I will just invoke my authority as a IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge and IMBAS Certified Certifier and deny your entry, which will bring me great pleasure and bring you exquisite agony and regret for failing to produce acceptable MOINK, feelings which I will relish with uninhibited abandon!:love:

If your balls are approved and I later receive undeniable proof from you at a later time that you received an official MOINK Certificate for illegitimate balls, then I will publicly revoke your certificate and express all of the joys and frolicking as previously mentioned while doing so. This can of course be rectified at a later time by submitting legitimate balls.:nod:

So, as you can see, I am flexible.

Moink Ball Submission

So here I go, I am a little shy as most of you know by now! But these are my MOINK's Balls.

100% Ground Chuck with some other spices

MoinkBalls004_zps85e1bb4f.jpg

Wrapped in good olde apple wood smoked, thick sliced bacon, and dash of Bayou Blast,

MoinkBalls007_zps7c8729a9.jpg

Smoked and the sauced with a touch of Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet Sauce and then refired for a few.

MoinkBalls012_zpse1a15d21.jpg

Hope my balls are worthy!:razz:

My official IMBAS MOINK Ball Certification Request -

Using Stubb's Beef Rub, 80/20 ground beef, bacon, and Famous Dave's Sassy Chipotle sauce.I used lower sodium bacon because I'm going to apply another rub to the bacon (South Seas Islands Tri-Tip Santa Maria Style Seasoning).

moink1.jpg

Balls formed. I would have made more, except Mrs. SJ had another use for my ball meat...

moink2.jpg

Balls dusted.

moink3.jpg

Balls wrapped with bacon.

moink4.jpg

Bacon dusted with South Seas rub.

moink5.jpg

Moinks ready for deployment, sir!

moink6.jpg

Moinks in the UDS.....tick tick tick......

moink7.jpg

Moinks glazed and ready for eating, sir!

moink8.jpg

Back