The Pizza Fatty

Cack

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Here is my official entry into the BBQ Pizza TD.

Since I did a "regular" pizza for the "I'm Aboslutely Stuffed" TD. I figured I had to go out of the box a little for this one.

This was an idea I had back in the summer, but never got the chance to do.

For the full cook, check out my blog http://onenine3bbq.blogspot.com/2013/03/pizza-fatty.html

Ladies and Farkers, I present to you the ... Pizza Fatty

We normally get fresh dough from Publix, but I thought the Pillsbury Thin Crust would work better since it'd be rolled up inside ... how the dough inside would cook is what worried me so much with this one.

P1010899.JPG

P1010902.JPG

P1010905.JPG

We had to tag team on rolling it up, so I wasn't able to get any pictures of us doing that. The paper wanted to stick a little, so Dawn had to hold the paper while I rolled it up.

P1010906.JPG

Tented some foil over it and cooked for 20-25 minutes around 360 on the grill (couldn't get a pic because it was covered in foil). Took the foil off and cranked it up closer to 400 for 5-10 minutes. Went to take a pic and it looked like below. I ran inside to get some mits to take it off before it'd have time to burn and didn't get an actual cook pic.

P1010909.JPG

P1010918.JPG

Use this for my entry pic ...

The layers didn't plump up as much as they do for regular fatties, but I have to call it a success ...

P1010915_zps6f74ce16.jpg

Abso fricken' lootly gorgeous! Redhot did something similar to this a couple years ago and this reminds me we need to update it cuz you took it a step further. BAM!

Abso fricken' lootly gorgeous! Redhot did something similar to this a couple years ago and this reminds me we need to update it cuz you took it a step further. BAM!

Just make sure you wait till after this week :wink:

YUM! Ooey, gooey, cheesy, meaty, saucy goodness all rolled up in a crispy crust! Love it!!!

Heck yeah, Looks like a winner to me! :shocked: Delicious Cack!!

Now there's an inspired idea. Job well done, Cack!-- Man, I bet that was a tricky proposition to roll all that up. I'd sure like to get in on that one. :thumb:

Now there's an inspired idea. Job well done, Cack!-- Man, I bet that was a tricky proposition to roll all that up. I'd sure like to get in on that one. :thumb:

Haha it was really hard to roll it up. It was sticking to the paper some (not a lot, but enough to need her to hold the paper) and then the thinness of the dough made it very almost conform with the goodies while it rolled up

Looks good. Think I may have to try this out. :thumbup:

Back