Beer Can Chicken and Apple Crisp (PRON)

BevoBurn96

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Since the cooker was hot tonight preparing sloppy joes for the latest TD, decided not to let spare grate space go to waste. :biggrin1:

Prepared a chicken with rub and decided to try out my new beer can chicken rack. Some beer for the chicken, some beer for me! :decision: Was hoping for a smoke ring on the chicken, but one never developed. :sad: It had a good flavor though. Kept the cooker at 300 F for the chicken and the apple crisp.

Prepared an apple crisp to see how grilled pies might taste. Figured apple crisp was a whole lot easier to do than a real pie for my first try at baking on the grill. Turned out GREAT. :clap2::clap2:

6 granny smith apples
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup margerine

Cut up apples in dish. Combine other ingrediants together and pour over apples. Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender.

I did this cook with mesquite. For next week's adventure with real pie, I'll splurge and do that cook with apple wood.

Attachments

• IMG_2211.jpg
    IMG_2211.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2213.jpg
    IMG_2213.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2214.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 149
One thing I see wrong.... No ice cream & I didn't get any:cry:

Yes please Gimmee.
Good looking chook mate.
Cheers.
Titch

Smoke ring or not, that is one fine looking chicken. I think I could make a meal just out of the skin.

Whew! I'm glad those were separate dishes. From the thread title I was hesitant to click thinking I was going to see "beer can chicken and apple crisp"

:becky:.

I put my chicken in straight from the fridge and get perfect smoke rings. Alot say set it out and let it warm up I say nnnoooo. I save some of those beercans and puttle apple juice in them instead. looks tasty

Bird looks good, nice tan! Apple crisp does need ice cream!

Looks great, especially the bird. I swear the beer canning method makes for some outstanding roast chicken!

Back