WGA score!

jrbBBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been looking for a used WGA and kinda gave up. I almost bought a new one last year but I stumbled on a new in box smokey joe gold for 15 bucks, so I couldn't justify the $50+ for another portable grill. Well I was browsing the ol' craigslist and a guy had bbq grills listed for $7 bucks and I noticed in the picture that there was a wooden handle WGA in with a bunch of junk. I got his address and stopped by, it was dirty and looked like it had lived outside most of it's life, but it had no wear on it. It was missing the cooking grate, so I handed the guy $5 bucks and was the proud owner of a rescued WGA. Now for the pics
101_0122.jpg

I cleaned her up a little bit, actually it didn't take much and there were no scratches, dents, or rust.
101_0123.jpg

The handles were in suprisingly good shape. Since it didn't have a cooking grate, I found a scrap piece of expanded metal left over from a couple of UDS builds and cut it down to make a cooking grate!
101_0124.jpg

Now all I have to do is get the grate nice and seasoned and cook on her.
101_0125.jpg

This has to be the best $5 bucks I've EVER spent!!

Nice! I love it when people who don't live in my area get a great CL score! :clap2:

congrats on a great deal ! i got a bunch of them but never for a price like that. many of mine needed some work also. as to the handles, gets some oil on the them and then some spar varnish on them and they will look new forever. look up phubars posts for some great ideas.

What!?!...5 bucks...WTPh!?!
It's brand new!
SCOooooooore!!!
WGA is one of the reasons why my large UDS got Phungussed up.:thumb:
Have much Phun with it!

BTW...my Phirst and oldest one is a "P" too.

i forgot to add that you need to replace those little washers on the end of the legs
with ss ones. the original ones will rust and make a mess.
also, many washers are stamped so one side is smooth and one side has sharp edges. install them so the smooth side is facing the movable vents so it doesn't scratch them up badly.

Back