DaveMW

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'll let the photos tell the story.

UDS1.jpg

UDS3.jpg

UDS4.jpg

UDS5.jpg

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to the UDS thread with special thanks to Norco for his "redneck UDS build" thread.

It looks like you did a mod for the Weber lid. Based on the bolts going around I assume you have some flat stock going around the inner edge of the drum, correct?

Looks great :thumb:

NICE UDS! I am planning on constructing an Illini or Cubs UDS. What kind of decals did you use? Also, did you use engine block or high heat paint?

Well done!! Looks really nice and will probably throw out some awesome food!! Assume that's a magnet right?

brickie

It looks like you did a mod for the Weber lid. Based on the bolts going around I assume you have some flat stock going around the inner edge of the drum, correct?

Looks great :thumb:

Correct! 2" flat stock on the inside to form the lip for the lid.

NICE UDS! I am planning on constructing an Illini or Cubs UDS. What kind of decals did you use? Also, did you use engine block or high heat paint?

No decals, a large magnet for the logo. For the paint I used high heat engine enamel.

Beautiful!

I really like your UDS - excellent job!

I'm preparing to build my first and I have a some questions:

1. How did you bend the flat metal stock to form the ring for the Weber lid? I'm new to any type of metal work and I'm not sure how to make a similar ring.

2. What kind of stock did you use? Carbon steel?

3. What kind of thermometer did you use and when can I order one?

Thanks!

Back