• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Have a BGE, lusting after Webber Performer

N

Nomo4me

Hi All
First post here after lurking a while.
I have a Kamado Joe actually, and also have a Lodge Sportsman Hibachi which is great for quick searing kababs, burgers and such. I love them both.

But I can't get a Weber Performer out of my mind - a guy likes a little variety right? The KJ is my first experience with charcoal and like it appears with most of you, I'd like another toy in the arsenal.
Do any of you own a BGE type cooker but still mix a Weber kettle into use now and then?

My KJ:

IMG_4431.jpg

Funny. I posted the desire for an UDS to go with my BGE at the same time!
-Kenny

I do not have a BGE but do have a Weber Performer. I love it. I do burgers and steaks to smoking ribs and turkeys. It is a great grill to own.

Check out some of the signatures here. You will see one is never enough.

I have two eggs and two charcoal/gas hybrids. I still want a UDS, a Weber Performer and am lusting after a Yoder.

Come to think of it I wouldn't turn down a Traeger or a Lang and someday it might be fun to build a Wilber.

Don't try to understand it, just roll with it.

I've never owned a ceramic but have a couple of friends that use 'em in addition to Weber kettles. One has a Performer and the other guy cooks on a OTS a bunch, but wants a Performer. Mine was a steal for $180 from Home Depot in December, but I'd still like a Primo XL oval, though. My wife says I'm never satisfied. :confused:

That's funny..... I have a Performer and have always drooled over the BGE's. I would LOVE to have a ceramic cooker.

Errrrrr.......ummmmm.........wanna trade?:eyebrows:

:becky:

Last edited:
Nomo4me, it looks like you live in SLC (I am in West Valley). I have a little performer fetish going and have bought 4 now over the last few years. I gave one to my brother for his birthday, one to a brother in law, and left one at my parents as well. I have one left that I bought new two years ago at Lowes and has been covered since. I am going to sell it this summer to fund a new 26.75 OTG. If you are interested in picking it up, send me a message.

I've never owned a ceramic but have a couple of friends that use 'em in addition to Weber kettles. One has a Performer and the other guy cooks on a OTS a bunch, but wants a Performer. Mine was a steal for $180 from Home Depot in December, but I'd still like a Primo XL oval, though. My wife says I'm never satisfied. :confused:

You guys are so lucky, a new Performer in Canada is $399.@ HD.

I love my performer but ever since getting a small and xl egg, I hardly use it.

I've only been cooking on charcoal for a month now and haven't figured out how to make dry, bad tasting food on the KJ yet. And this is the first hobby I've ever had that my Wife LIKES :shocked: :thumb:

So not looking to trade just yet

That's funny..... I have a Performer and have always drooled over the BGE's. I would LOVE to have a ceramic cooker.

Errrrrr.......ummmmm.........wanna trade?:eyebrows:

:becky:

I almost picked this up a red stainless performer today from CL for 100 bucks (not sure if the gas ignition worked though) but took too long and was too late. I'll be kicking myself for weeks for that one. :doh::doh::doh:

Funny I have a Weber Performer and can't get my mind off a Kamado. Either the grass is always greener or were both just obsessed.

The Weber is a breeze to clean how about the Kamado?

I want a kamado, just dont want to spend the $$.

Performer floor models can be had for under 200, and used ones for around 50 or 100, while 350 or 400 for a smaller used kamado would be considered a good deal.

Can't say yet on the cleaning. My wife and I aren't steak eaters so I haven't done a sear on it and all the L & S cooks I've done have used a 16" round pan with foil for drip catching.

Experienced Eggheads say though that post-cook one simply opens the vents and lets it camp at 600 deg for a while to bake everything off.

Funny I have a Weber Performer and can't get my mind off a Kamado. Either the grass is always greener or were both just obsessed.

The Weber is a breeze to clean how about the Kamado?

Back