Lettuce Box Pics?????

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know that everyone seems to be doing the parsley putting green for their boxes, but I was wondering if anybody knows where I can see some well made boxes using green leaf lettuce, or any other lettuce for that matter. Or if you have any pics you'd like to share that would be great.

Oh if they would only allow Kale!

Here's some we did during the Great Parsley Ban of 2009:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Nice looking boxes Mr. O...

...lettuce is the new parsley...pass it on

Good looking boxes, Paul, but you are still the parsley master after watching you all do your boxes at the Royal a couple years ago.

I only use lettuce and definitely have some pics I can dig up tonight.

Thanks for those. They look great to me. I guess everything is in the eye of the beholder, but I can't see how a parsley green looks any better than that, but if thats what they like.....

• Thanks
Reactions: G$
Thanks for those. They look great to me. I guess everything is in the eye of the beholder, but I can't see how a parsley green looks any better than that, but if thats what they like.....

Agreed. Those really look fantastic. Part of that is because the meat looks fantastic. (Look at that brisket!)

Gorgeous boxes. I have experimented with the green leaf and enjoy the contrast, but I also like the parsley greens no doubt.

?

So was the grove in the brisket natural? Can you do this? I also like the looks of it, but since I am new to competition would this be considered marking?

Also love the looks of the drumsticks. How do you do this? What is it called, so I can google it.

thanks

troy

Those brisket slices look like great big wet juicy lips! LOL Could be considered "sculpting" though I would guess.

And that chicken method is called "lollipop". Very common culinary technique for lamb, but not yet fully excepted by BBQ judges for chicken...yet. ;)

My guess on the Brisket slices is that there was a big vein running along there and he cut it out.I have had some like that.

Back