• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Getting started

B

bull2571

My friend and I have ben toying with the idea of starting a catering business on the side. We are looking into everything we can to keep costs at a minimum. Right now we are in the pricing phase and trying to find a good rub and bbq sauce recipie that we can use for various meats rather then make individual ones I have a few but was wondering if there are any that anyone would be willing to share to help us get started any other advice would be greatly appreciated

thank you

My friend and I have ben toying with the idea of starting a catering business on the side. We are looking into everything we can to keep costs at a minimum. Right now we are in the pricing phase and trying to find a good rub and bbq sauce recipie that we can use for various meats rather then make individual ones I have a few but was wondering if there are any that anyone would be willing to share to help us get started any other advice would be greatly appreciated

thank you
Start with some Lawerys and build from there.

I wouldn't say there was a fantastic 'all around' rub out there because everyone has differing taste. Find what you like and build on it.

Sorry I can't be of more help but if you wanted brand names then there are four I would go after.. Spicewine, Simply Marvelous, Plowboys.... and that stuff Bubba is slinging. :heh::-D:-D

Health Dept, Insurance, business plan as a starting point. Develop a menu, determine how much you can safely cook, what you need to charge to make a profit as part of the business plan.

And if you are establishing a partnership then get a lawyer to work out the necessary paperwork. Trust me you will need it at some point.

Back