Kozmos's Q Pork Injection HELP!!!

bottomsupbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just received the sample packs of Kozmos Q beef and Pork Injections. On the back of both packages I have the mixing instructions but it doesn’t recommend how soon before cook time should you inject. Does anyone have a suggestion on how soon to inject before cook time? I will be using the pork injection on a Pork Butt tomorrow.

Also if you have used this product before what liquid did you use? I am thinking about using peach juice but haven’t decided for sure.
Thanks

I used a can of peach nectar came out excellent. I injected mine when I did my brisket. I let the brisket and butt sit for four hours. For the brisket it needs to sit for 4 hours, on the butt...I really dont think it is necessary to let it sit. Just inject and smoke away. The pork injection is an excellent product, you will love it.

I inject mine the night before...great product...you'll love it! :thumb: I like to use apple juice for liquid...

I inject mine the night before, wrap it in Saran wrap, then the next morning (usually around 4-5am), I pull the shoulders, apply the rub, then get on the smoker.

mixed mine with a peach/guava nectar, got it from the local bodega, it was made by goya. Injected about 4hrs before the smoke, in the fridge in triple wrapped saran, out of the fridge 2hrs prior to smoke to come up to temp, than in she went, came out fantastic, same was done with the brisket, except mixed the kosmos with beef broth and some bovine bold

I've used apple juice and water with Kozmos's, good result every time! I inject or soak usually overnight, chicken, beef and pork.

I inject my briskets the day before my planned smoke. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge. I mix beef broth with the Kozmo's Q. I have had excellent results with that product.

I did a search on Yahoo for Kozmos Q injection and could not find where to buy it. Where do the rest of you guys get it at? Thanks!

I use apple juice and chili powder and inject right before smoking and also 2/3 way thru the smoke after the temp breaks 140 and the collagen has broken down. They come out moist and tasty and easy to pull
CIMG2791.JPG

Back