• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

adjusting BGE bands after gasket installation

C

CaptainJimmy

I just finally got around to pulling my egg apart and making a righteous mess of my clean carpet (its too damned cold to scrape outside screw that noise).

I just put my egg back together while the super77 cures... i was just doing a couple quick dollar bill tests, and I get good 'resistance' on about 80% of the egg, and SOME, but not much resistance on the other 20%.

if you look at it like a clock from the top down, i'm getting not much resistance from 2oclock to 5oclock.

My question is: How do I adjust the bands so that area has more resistance? do I tap the top band down in that area, top band up, bottom band down or up?

forgive my crappy cell camera.. 5 megapixels what?!

From the BGE site...good luck! :biggrin:

There is a gap between the dome and base of my EGG and smoke is leaking out. How can I correct this?
Fortunately, a small gap between the base and the dome can be easily fixed. Simply loosen the upper band just enough to move the lid; then press the lid down tightly against the base and retighten the bolt. This should eliminate the gap and resolve smoke leakage.

If this technique does not remedy the problem, there is another option. Sometimes through normal use the two nuts holding the spring to the lower edge of the band can loosen. If these nuts are no longer in a parallel line, tighten them until they are parallel again.

I believe there are some Youtube videos that discuss adjust the bands as well.
Just do a search on Youtube.

Back