Portable Guru power supply?

I have the 12 volt car adapter and I have an emergency power jumper battery for the car that has the cigarette outlet to plug into.

I have the 12 volt car adapter and I have an emergency power jumper battery for the car that has the cigarette outlet to plug into.

So the car adapter plugs into the guru in one end and the power jumper battery in the other end?

I use a jumpstart battery that has a lighter plug. No need to lug a deep cycle battery around. The jumpstart is less money than a deep cycle battery. If you already have a deep cycle battery get the adapter for a lighter plug. Call the Guru folks if you have additional questions and they will be able to help you.
Just my 2 cents worth.

I got 2 marine batteries for my boats that rarely get used, so most of the cook places we go we only need power for the cookers and hate to run the big onan just to power gurus. So I bought these today from the guru website. I'm stoked. I wonder how long a 100a/hr battery will run 2 gurus?
AE5AE4CC-C016-4D83-BB04-E65A2BE78B25-516-0000008D5403DEEB.jpg

Saw this on pitmasteriq.com. I am in no way affiliated with Pitmasteriq. I just own one and saw this on their website and thought if I posted it here I needed to give them the credit or the blame depending on the outcome.

Battery pack instructions:

Get two "4 D Battery Holders" from Radio Shack, part number 270-389 (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062243&filterName=Type&filterValue=D ).  Wire these in series (black of pack 1 to red of pack 2) to produce 12 volts (8 x 1.5 volts per battery = 12v).  Wire the positive (red) of pack 1 to the center terminal of a "Size M Coaxial DC Power Plug", part number 274-1569 (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103614&filterName=Category ).   Wire the negative (black) of pack 2 to the outer terminal of the power plug.  This will run the IQ for several long cooks.  I got 6 long cooks out of mine before I stopped testing it.  Use rechargeable D cells to save money - Radio Shack has these too.

Note that soldering is required to join the wires together and to the power plug.  Use heat shrink or electrical tape over all electrical connections.

^^^^^^^^^^lol that will work also but i had $400 worth of deep cycle batteries lying around so i figured i would put them to good use on the gurus while keeping the generator use to a minumum if the weather is good at cookoffs. i know how to series batteries. i removed the 6volt series from the rv and did 12 volt parallel, i like that much better even though there is not as much a/hrs. thanks for the reply also, any info helps future users of this method.

I'm with Swamrb and use the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-DRPP600-Powerpack-Starter-Emergency/dp/B009YR00MI/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1364314341&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=jumpbox+duracell"]Duracell DRPP 600 powerpack[/ame] with my stoker with 2 10cfm fans and never ran out of power..... Yet

pwa

I got 2 marine batteries for my boats that rarely get used, so most of the cook places we go we only need power for the cookers and hate to run the big onan just to power gurus. So I bought these today from the guru website. I'm stoked. I wonder how long a 100a/hr battery will run 2 gurus?
AE5AE4CC-C016-4D83-BB04-E65A2BE78B25-516-0000008D5403DEEB.jpg

probably close to 100 hrs continuous. I was told from Guru that the 10cfm fan draws .67ah. now your fan is probably only running 30-40% as a whole during the cook. 2 fans would run non stop for roughly 75 hours.

I used a cheap inverter in the cig lighter or the utility socket, with long extension cord. Have thought about using a small riding lawn mower or even a motorcycle battery, but I really don't use it anymore, so no need for it. The fan used on mine is a 10 cfm and had no problems at all with the inverter used.
Dave

Every jumpstarter that I've ever owned had a 12V plug and also came with a cigarette lighter charging cord, so you could charge the jumpstarter in your vehicle. That cord that comes with the jumpstarter fits in the Guru and will allow you to plug the Guru into the cigarette lighter outlet on the jumpstarter. If your jumpstarter doesn't come with the cord, you can get one on the Guru website:
http://store.thebbqguru.com/weborderentry/catalog2.asp?catalog=Control Accessories

This is one advantage that the Guru has over the Stoker. There's no need to convert from 12V to 5V.

Back