View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
oldbill
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagnasty View Post
After much research and hours of reading through post on this forum, I decided on the next smoker for my arsenal. First of all, I knew I wanted a vertical insulated unit. There are several quality builders making great pits in this class. That made my decision much harder. My decision came down to 3 pits. Asassain, Lonestargrilz and pitmaker. All of these companies have great looking smokers and seem to have fan clubs on most bbq forums. After comparing the features, reviews of customer service and temperature control issues I eliminated the pitmaker unit. That left me with Asassain and Lonestar grilz. They are both top notch units and my final decison was based on the thickness of the lonestar units exterior shell and the fully welded seems as well as the stainless doors. Overall, I just felt it to be the best unit for my needs. So I just ordered my new smoker! I hope to have it by the end of October.
I think you made a good choice! I saw one up close when I went to pick my pit up and they're pretty nice. They have a good capacity and I like the water pan refill feature that they have as well. Are you planning on adding a Guru or Stoker to it? That would pretty much make it a set-it and forget-it set up! Congrats!