• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

This thread had died out right before I signed up so I missed it all and just read through all 27 pages.
Wow what a incredible build. Im a handy guy that can (or think I can) pretty much build anything but you made my jaw drop. Its seems you are master of many trades with a great attention to every detail. By far the best build thread I have found on here and I only see it getting better. :clap2:

Thank you very much. All credit should be given to my father. Thanks again.

Looks awesome V Can't wait to see it when its all done.

I've been making tons of pizza the past few months on my egg but decided to get a Blackstone Pizza Oven. Its great but its not a WFO like yours. Not even close.

I've been talking to the wife about building an outdoor kitchen area and showed her your post. She said no way lol I don't have the room you do but I'm going to do something. I need a better area for the egg and Blackstone.

Please keep posting pics. This is the best thread.

Jerry

Thanks alot Jerry, keep making them pizzas. I will keep posting when i have more work done

Here are some updates from the weekend.

Finished the framing, installed the plywood sheeting for the roof, applied primer to all wood members and added center posts. Next we must install the roof shingles, run electricity, install light fixture, paint, brick post pillars, build the cover over the oven and countertop, run water to sink, install sink, build BBQ area/cover, grills etc. stain countertops, seal counter and bricks, install pavers, run gas line, build fire pit. Alot of work left to do...

5u3iuf.jpg

anfolh.jpg

33fclzc.jpg

Some update from the past few days.

Roof shingles of the main patio was completed.

2pzk65c.jpg

Started wrapping the posts with those antique bricks i still have lots left over. First i applied roof tar on posts of avoid termite and rot damage.

xgb96d.jpg

Then we build the structure/roof over the oven/counter, still not done.

qsji94.jpg

Base plates for the metal posts.

3494c91.jpg

2m7vseg.jpg

2cp28m1.jpg

2mdfgpf.jpg

We need to add 3 rows of bricks to the chimney to gain some height.

i1xy0k.jpg

Wow, that's really cool.
There aren't codes about building permanent structures so close to property lines in your area?
I'm also a bit concerned about the hot stuff coming out of the chimney in the middle of a roof.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm nagging, just an observation.

Great looking project though, I'm very impressed.

Wow, that's really cool.
There aren't codes about building permanent structures so close to property lines in your area?
I'm also a bit concerned about the hot stuff coming out of the chimney in the middle of a roof.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm nagging, just an observation.

Great looking project though, I'm very impressed.

Thanks for the concern Bob, the smaller cover is not a problem, if it were the large patio that close them that would be a different story. The chimney will go higher, i may even re-direct it with some sheet metal, not sure yet what ill do.

Bob you got me thinking some more about the chimney. What i may be doing is fabricating a step up chimney flue. Something like a plate attached to the bricks and a 8" flue going up the side of the structure sticking out the side of the fascia/roof.

Man, this is looking fantastic!
I believe the code calls for the chimney needs to be at least 2 feet higher than any surrounding structure within 10 feet.....or something to that effect.

Bob you got me thinking some more about the chimney. What i may be doing is fabricating a step up chimney flue. Something like a plate attached to the bricks and a 8" flue going up the side of the structure sticking out the side of the fascia/roof.

Yes, something like Mr. Carbon said.
I think around here, code dictates that a chimney must be higher than the peak of the roof it's on, or something like that.
The reasoning is that embers that come out of the stack have time to burn out, or cool down, by the time they land on the asphalt based shingles surrounding them .... asphalt being made of petroleum, and petroleum being flammable, etc..etc...

I wold think a call to your local code guy or fire department would get you an answer pretty quickly.

Yes you guys are right, i will install the proper and longer chimney flue. I wont do it in bricks as it would just be way to heavy. Ill have to fabricate a metal flue pipe.

Back