I need an extra freezer...ribs on sale

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was at RD today to pick up some brisket and butts for our family reunion on Easter. Right next to the prok butts was the sign below......I wish I had another freezer to buy a bunch of packages. I only picked up one 3 pack. :cry:

2013-03-15_12-45-33_34.jpg

Ooh, these are "Light" too. Tastes great, less filling :thumb:

Nice find. Wonder if they have that same price up here?

My wife called me from the store one day and said "spare ribs are $.99/lb, should a get a few?" Of course, I said yes.......came home to 89 lbs of ribs. LOL

Just looking at my RD flyer, "Light & Medium" spares, $1.59/lb-cs.
Their prices are really never the best if you shop around but have never been disappointed with the product. I am usually there for many other things anyway..
My .02

Nice score. Local store here has a 1 day sale this sun. bone in shoulder $0.99 lb
Wife asked "how many should I get?" reply "how much extra $$ we have this month?"
Ya I have a big deep freeze:grin:

Yes, "light" means they are actually lighter racks of ribs. It would not necessary mean that there is less meat, you could have smaller bones, but more then likely less meaty. I like mediums, which is the most typical you see in a store, otherwise you might see them labeled "meaty" that is a thick heavy rack of ribs.

Usually they have them light or heavy at RD, but their light ones look to be "normal". The total weight on the 3 pack was 13.76 lb, so that would make each rack 4.58lb. Seems okay to me.

I just looked online at my local RD ad.

it says "light and medium spare ribs $1.59/lb, your choice"

whatever thats worth...

I believe it's three packs, or a dozen slabs.

Want to hear something strange, though? I was up there last week and picked up a case, thinking it was the full spares, since they were on sale. Well, later I realized I somehow picked a case of St Louie's instead, and they were NOT on sale. It was on the case, and the receipt showed I paid for trimmed. Well, that would've been ok since it was my mistake....but these IBP spares weren't trimmed!

Back