Linguica

H

hogheavens

I had linguica for the first time at a Brazilian steakhouse it was fantastic so I gave my butcher a recipe and had him make me some giant links. I'll upload images in a few I'm on my phone and it doesn't seem to upload correctly. I have them over smoke for another hour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
I just used a recipe from a Google search. If you guys have a family or special recipe I would love to make it again. They were fantastic.

You being in Turlock, this does not surprise me. Lots of Portegese folks in Turlock, and Linguica is a Portugese Sausage. I was raised in San Leandro, another Port. stronghold, and was raised on Amaral's Linguica. GottaLoveIt!

Amaral's and Silva Linguica! Delicious! When i was in the Air Force, I went to a pizza place in Wichita Kansas, asked for Linguica on my pizza and the waitress had no idea what i was talking about! That was a long eight years!

I think its the heavy paprika. I don't see that in a lot of us sausages, although I use it all the time for color. They were great. I smoked the three for just a few hours and three more until they were more like pepperoni. I'm planning on trying them in a pizza tomorrow like cork recommended. .

Back