What in your Opinion is the tastiest piece of Beef

Hanger Steak Medium Rare Naked and a Fatty for dessert!
Castfortexmex013_zps374c7fa5.jpg

I am not sure how most measure flavour but no question hanger steak has the most. However a close second must be beef cheek.
How one can compare rib eye, tri tip, brisket etc etc to those two bewilders me.
John

Never had Hanger steak.

Another on my list of things to try.

Dave

Not many parts of a cow I don't like, but for just the pure primal taste, my favorites are ribeye stak and ground chuck.

I've never thought about this. I honestly have never cooked anything without some type of seasoning.

That is tough. For pure flavor, the tail, shank, cheeks and tongue really are terrific.

For me, it's the ribeye. Nothing better than a pound and a half, medium rare cowboy steak.
Yeaaaa when it is done perfect and the fat is so nice and crispy that you eat every speck of it fat and lean....and can fondly remember that steak for years. Wife and I have been cutting back so the ribeyes get smaller...but they are still good :).

TX Roadhouse makes a mean sirloin too :). I once filled up on appetizers and salad and had most of my steak boxed to take home for later, then FORGOT it when we left, I still pine for that steak :). I mourned it more deeply and longer than some people I have known who passed away.

Bill

That is tough. For pure flavor, the tail, shank, cheeks and tongue really are terrific.

I agree 100%.

The two cuts I would add. Chuck is what tastes the most like "beef" to me. Takes me back to childhood. Can't compete with that.

I would also add Hanger steak. Loves me some hanger.

Although I would not eat it again if I knew what it was....

I was served a piece of beef, so tender and so flavorful beyond anything I had ever tried. I loved it and we stuffed ourselves. The tenderness wasn't the determining issue, but it did make it even more enjoyable. The flavor of the beef was just so intense...

After the picnic was over and all was put away, we were told it was beef tongue. I will still say it was the best piece of beef I had ever eaten, I just can't bring myself to eat it knowing that it is beef tongue..

Mind over Matter I guess..

If you asked me last year - my response would have been a well-marbled great steak cut.
Now - its been leaning towards a good beef shank or a well treated beef tongue.

Nothing better for me than a chuck roast (clod) cooked to an internal of 210 or so and then pulled. Great for sandwiches, tacos, wraps or just pile it on a plate and dig in.

ry%3D400

Ribeye is top of the list, followed very close by tri-tip, and skirt steak can be very good if done right

Back