This forum sucks, why you ask?

Quint

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Because there are soooooo many great recipes that people come up with I want to do them all. I can't even keep track of all of them, and being winter in these parts and 4 degrees when I got up this morning I can't even begin to try some of these.
Everytime I open this forum it's "oh that looks good, I've got to try that" and " oh man look at that, that looks delicious I've got to make that" and on and on and on DEEEEE-ammmm.

I'm just saying...............

Thanks to everyone for your contributions and recipes and pRoN makes cooking very exciting.

good point quint, i find my stomach growling everytime i log in.

i live in billerica, work in chelsea, its actually 1 degree but don't let that get you down.... i did a spontaneous rack of baby backs in my wsm last night (8 degrees outside) and it the WSM performed Marvey!

ps., where do you buy your charcoal, wood chunks and meats locally? (always on the hunt).

good point quint, i find my stomach growling everytime i log in.

i live in billerica, work in chelsea, its actually 1 degree but don't let that get you down.... i did a spontaneous rack of baby backs in my wsm last night (8 degrees outside) and it the WSM performed Marvey!

ps., where do you buy your charcoal, wood chunks and meats locally? (always on the hunt).

I'm am quite the newbie to this so I'm just voyaging out to find places for wood and charcoal. There is a Yankee gas and grill a few miles from me in Middleton that carries a lot of top end stuff, they sell bags of wood chunks, apple, hickory, pecan, mesquite to name a few. I went online to compare their prices and found them to be fair. I have a farm down the end of my street that has apple, pair, and cherry trees. I've asked if I could have the wood scraps and got the okay. I haven't taken advantage of it yet but plan on it. I get my charcoal at HD or Lowe's. Meats I get from Costco or Danvers Butchery. Karls Sausage that was a landmark on RT 1 in Saugus closed that shop and open about a mile from me so that's a great place to get genuine homemade German sausage.

Haven't really run into any whackjobs yet but...oh wait maybe that means I'm one of them...oh sh#t......where the heck is that wood???

When I find a recipe I save it for future cooks only problem is I've saved some for years and haven't tried some of them. I can only eat so much.

I hear ya. I have tons bookmarked!

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Haven't really run into any whackjobs yet but...oh wait maybe that means I'm one of them...oh sh#t......where the heck is that wood???

I'd avoid the whackjobs but the whackadoodles are harmless.

Because there are soooooo many great recipes that people come up with I want to do them all. I can't even keep track of all of them, and being winter in these parts and 4 degrees when I got up this morning I can't even begin to try some of these.
Everytime I open this forum it's "oh that looks good, I've got to try that" and " oh man look at that, that looks delicious I've got to make that" and on and on and on DEEEEE-ammmm.

Thanks to everyone for your contributions and recipes and pRoN makes cooking very exciting.

the fact that it's 4° shouldn't stop you from making some good food outside...doesn't stop any of the other whackjobs around here :laugh:

The cold weather does not stop my smokers here in CO. Just get a little blanky.

DSCN1040_zps09c4bcd0.jpg

What helped me a great deal was to simply stop going out to eat. I don't do it ever now. Maybe... three times a year, and typically those are some crappy fast food deal because I was on the road for an unexpected amount of time and ran out of home cooked food I brought out with me.

This site is the awesome though, that's for sure. I am quite thankful those people from centuries past in internet years took the time to create this place.

I agree.....I actually have a folder in my Chrome bookmarks called "Brethren Stuff". Only thing in there are recipes and tips/tricks. It has 100's of bookmarks in it. Comes in handy when looking to cook something new or different.

And don't let that weather slow you down. Here in MN the windchills have been -20 and lower this week. Did chicken the other night and doing ribs tomorrow.

No, they don't often wander into Q-Talk. And if they do, they're in disguise! :heh:

It's so freaking cold in the northeast the past couple of days. can't wait for the warmer weather!

Back