Butchers Paper

Oh, and paper is not just for meats.... (my notes in blue list the time and oven temps mentioned most often when cooking in paper... starting hot then ramping down the oven for the average times listed in the charts)

SoyersPaperBagCooking2.jpg

SoyersPaperBagCooking.jpg

You can do sort of a hybrid cook with some foil on the bottom of the paper pouch, or even a foil pan wrapped in paper. If the fat cap is down, the bark on top will still be better preserved than if you were wrapping entirely in foil.....

I know all about that book read it a long time ago, I have it in my google books:thumb:

I have never burned anything I have wrapped in paper my name aint stretch:mrgreen:

Oh, and paper is not just for meats.... (my notes in blue list the time and oven temps mentioned most often when cooking in paper... starting hot then ramping down the oven for the average times listed in the charts)

SoyersPaperBagCooking2.jpg

SoyersPaperBagCooking.jpg

You can do sort of a hybrid cook with some foil on the bottom of the paper pouch, or even a foil pan wrapped in paper. If the fat cap is down, the bark on top will still be better preserved than if you were wrapping entirely in foil.....

The temps at the top of the page referenced in blue are in C* and not F*...correct?

In regards to using paper vs. foil, try the paper, I think that you'll like it. I tried BP a few months ago and haven't used foil since. You still get plenty of juice retained in the paper, but I do recommend putting what you're cooking in a foil pan to catch the juice if you want to use them later...just in case the paper breaks open.

The second link is the one I bought from them, but I don't see why the other one in the first link won't work. It seems to be closer to the more traditional "red" butcher paper. The only thing not to use would be any wax coated paper.

i have used paper a lot and i actually prefer it, the bark is way better but, you don't get as much juice to use later it soaks in paper.

Back