How to make a bacon weave (tutorial)

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Start with a pound of bacon. I like the thin strips so they crisp up better. Lay out eight strips side by side on the cutting board.

BaconWeave00002.jpg

Now fold every other strip back in half. In this case, from the top I folded back strip one, three, five and seven.

BaconWeave00003.jpg

Next, lay a strip of bacon perpendicular to the other eight, right up against the fold.

BaconWeave00004.jpg

Bring one, three, five and seven back over and fold two, four, six and eight in half over the top of the perpendicular strip.

BaconWeave00005.jpg

Lay another strip up against the fold,

BaconWeave00006.jpg

bring two, four six and eight back over the top of that piece,

BaconWeave00007.jpg

and fold one, three, five and seven back and lay in another strip.

BaconWeave00008.jpg

Continue the process until you get to the end, you should have the knack by now.

BaconWeave00009.jpg

BaconWeave00012.jpg

BaconWeave00014.jpg

BaconWeave00015.jpg

BaconWeave00016.jpg

BaconWeave00019.jpg

BaconWeave00020.jpg

When you get to the end, start working in the other direction.

BaconWeave00022.jpg

And so on, 'til you're done. It’s as easy as that!

BaconWeave00028.jpg

Great tutorial that is how I do mine. One Question what if we want to knit it instead of weave :laugh:

Thanks! Can we do bacon macrame next?:laugh:
Goes great with the cutting board btw.

That's the way that I do mine except that I put a piece of Saran wrap or waxed paper under the bacon -- easier to roll it up (lazy man's mod).

Been thinking of asking that question before the superbowl so I can turn a bunch of people on to Fatty's.

Thanks a bunch.:-D

Sweet!

I've not yet done a weave. I always wondered how much of a pain in the arse it was. THAT looks easy!

I'd have been trying to thread single pieces of bacon over, then under, then over, then under AROUND the fatty.:doh:

Thanks for the effort and sharing.:thumb:

Thank you so much I have been thinking of trying that and wondered how you guys did it :-D

Bob, what do you use to clean up your cutting board afterwards? I ask because like you I have a wooden one. I usually try to lay down wax paper or foil before doing a bacon weave just to make the clean up less of a hassle but sometimes I'm in a rush and just lay it right on the wood. Chlorox and water?

Back