Aussie Brined / Fried Chicken Wings

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
G'Day Bruces,

I think E-Code has the FRIED Throwdown all sewn up, but since I'm always trying to create the perfect fried Chicken Wings, I thought I'd start a thread and make an entry also...

The key here is that the Chicken Wings were brined. I usually buy about 25 pounds of wings at a time, brine them, and then freeze in Ziploc bags of a dozen each bag.

The coating for the chicken is my own recipe... I wrote this one down, so can PM if anyone's interested...

Here's the mix and the brined wings:

DSC_0002_234.jpg

Another important ingredient is the cooking oil! I had to buy this from my USA Foods store. It's otherwise not available in Australia at all!

DSC_0460_02_230.jpg

Ohhhh Gorgeous Yummy Frying stuff......

DSC_0003_235.jpg

Here's a few finished photo's
DSC_0020_252.jpg

DSC_0015_247.jpg

DSC_0011_243.jpg

DSC_0008_240.jpg

Well, I never got to take a photo of one that had a bite out of it... They were all gone so fast.... teenagers huh!

As for the taste... these were my best yet.

Thanks for looking!

Bill

Nice job, Bill! I almost didn't make it to the pictures of the wings! The picture of the guy in the scary mask with the can of Crisco almost scared me off! :becky:

Nice Bill those sure look good. MMMMMMMMM...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ahhh Crisco, love it. Nice work but I still think mine was more creative than ecodes although I might have to vote for her. Remember I'n not a chef, I just play one on the internet.:laugh::laugh:

Looks damn tasty, SmokinAussie!
I'd love to try that recipe. PM me?
Thanks bro!

Back