Planning for our first big cook

sincitydisciple01

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We are cooking for a Susan G. Komen fundraiser this weekend. 40 confirmed attendees (adults and children). However, we have a ton of "maybe" and "tentative" responses, so we are planning on 55-60 people. Our plan is to do ribs, brisket and pulled pork along w/ burgers and dogs for kids and all the assorted sides. This is by far the biggest cook we have ever done, so trying to get a feel for meat.

Assuming everyone will eat 1/4 of a pound of 2 of the 3 meats, I'm guessing about 35 pounds of butt (pre-cooked) and 20-25 pounds each of brisket and baby backs. Left overs are OK, as we are planning on folks fixing to go plates etc. We will be doing chicken thighs, but no more than 16-18 of them, since I don't think they will hold up too well on a helpy-selfy buffet line (and they are a pain in the ass to prepare).

Am I way off, or is there a formula that would help take out the guess work?

thanks!!

Noble cause congratulations! sound right and I like leftovers so I usually figure a little more weight per person. I hope it quite successful. Look foward to pics

Seems like you are on it. Good luck and thanks for supporting a good cause.

If you precook the butts and brisket.... on the day all you would have to do is rewarm them.......

Back