CT BBQ Contest

Looking at the schedule, meat inspection is not until noon. KCBS means NO farking with the meat until after inspection. I think I am going to prefer the 2 day thing. Of course those couple of turn in hours are going to be hectic as hell.

Looking at the schedule, meat inspection is not until noon.

Noon Friday?? Right!

I'm just asking before you guys get yourselves confused!! :D

Greg... I was wondering... where you planning on sleeping... I have a big ass conversion van I could drive up that would save me and someone else, or save some folks some housing $$ if they want to crash in it)... we could live in a van down by the river for the weekend :)

It could probably comfortably sleep 3 or 4... (if people were willing to sleep in a recliner/captains chair...

josh

Whatever works, brother. I was planning on talking Phil into dragging along a couple of chais lounges. Someone will need to be near the fire all night no matter what.

Are you going to be there for sure?

oh well.. this sucks,,,

I just got a call from Jim McGrath of the New England BBQ Society... Conneticut State championship is full up. They only have room for 25 teams. They got 25 allready. I sent the check out yesterday, fedex. There were 22 sigups.. just checked the website. They got 25 and are closed out... but will keep us on standby if anyone cancels.

Anything in Virginia, pennsylvania, maryland or jersey?

GuitarBeQue is third weekend of August (8/20 to 8/22) in Asbury Park NJ Phil. Check them out.

I'd love to be able to make it to that event. Q and tunes as custom made for me as it could possibly get,

This is my first post, so let me introduce myself. My name is Jim McGrath and I'm contest organizer for the NH, CT and MA State championships. I'm also a Contest Rep and a competitor. I just got back from competing at the New England Regional at the Harpoon Brewery in Windsor VT.

As mentioned earlier, CT is full. Very often a team is shorthanded and could use extra help. If you are interested in hooking up with one of the CT teams, email me with contact information and I will pass the word along. Please include your level of experience, from novice that wants to be mentored to experienced competitor.

Jim
jimmcgra@bellatlantic.net

Good thing I didn't buy my tickets. I was going to buy them today.

Back