smoked salsa

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Of course, I forgot to photo the one ingredient that was smoked - the green jalapenos I did a couple of nights ago. Other than that, I used several of the peppers from the garden pick yesterday, the ingredients in the photo. Smoked peppers really are great, I believe! (see, Rick, I didn't say "IMO")

HOT and a bit of sweetness - gonna make some great hot wings, I hope...

Attachments

• Hot air baloons and hot salsa 028.jpg
    Hot air baloons and hot salsa 028.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Hot air baloons and hot salsa 029.jpg
    Hot air baloons and hot salsa 029.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Hot air baloons and hot salsa 030.jpg
    Hot air baloons and hot salsa 030.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 112
Try this:

Burn 4 medium tomatoes, half a white onion, and a jalepeno in a skillet til 60-80% burned. Place all ingredients into a blender with 2 tbsp black pepper, 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, salt to taste, cilantro to taste. Blend until desired consistency.

Its good right out of the skillet into the blender. We usually eat the entire bowl before it even cools down.

thanks, Rightstuff....I do have an award winning recipe for tomato based salsa that I make often - this has no tomatoes and is more of a sweet-heat basting or dipping sauce. Yours sounds good,too, though

Try this:

Burn 4 medium tomatoes, half a white onion, and a jalepeno in a skillet til 60-80% burned. Place all ingredients into a blender with 2 tbsp black pepper, 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, salt to taste, cilantro to taste. Blend until desired consistency.

Its good right out of the skillet into the blender. We usually eat the entire bowl before it even cools down.
This is close to my recipe, except I blacken my peppers and tomatoes on the grill.

Mmmm... looks and sounds tasty Chambers! :-D

Back