BBQ Brethren "Happy Meal" Throwdown!

Very nice James! :thumb:

Thanks BTW for joining the TD madness. :becky:

I'd like the adult and Happy Meal portion please.

Gore will eat my broccoli.

Well, I had bounced around a few ideas about what to cook for this TD but nothing clever really stuck. So, I decided to lean more towards a meal that makes me happy. Admittedly, one of my favorite quick meals really is the good ole nacho. Usually some variation of meat topping along with the obligatory cheese and chips. Since I was going much bigger on this one I decided to have my topping be something I have wanted to try for a while now but haven't gotten around to it until today.

So I started off with some little smokies wrapped in bacon. On a couple skewers I went crazy and wrapped the smokey in pepperoni before it was wrapped in bacon. I also had some venison burger (no it wasn't a patty) thawed so I did a test run on some meatball ideas as well.

IMG_0504.jpg

On to the UDS running wide open and the temps were up well over 300.

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Once the bacon was done on the little guys I brought them in and placed them on a neat pile of tortilla chips. I also sprinkled on some of the venison burger that I had browned up and then liberally covered with cheese and back onto the UDS.

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

After a little while the cheese was nice and melty. I drizzled with Blue's Hog Smokey Mountain and warmed cream cheese. It was quite delicious as you could expect.

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

So there you have it, Nacho Creamy Zesty Bacon-wrapped Little Smokies. I actually had leftovers which I am pretty sure was a all-time first for me to have leftover nachos. Granted, you all don't have to worry about the leftover nachos. After all, they are Nacho Leftovers :becky:

Happy Meal Portion:
IMG_2604.jpg

Smoked chicken wing
Steak fries
Smoked apple slices
Milk

Adult Portion:
IMG_2610.jpg

Smoked chicken wing with death dust
Smoked country rib meat
Chicken fatty with pepper jack and yellow peppers
Steak fries
Steamed broccoli
Smoked apple slices
Milk

Nice chicken wing. Add about nine more wings, lose the broccoli, apples and that white stuff in the glass -- the fries can stay. Add a beer. :becky:

Welcome to the throwdowns.

CD

Well, I had bounced around a few ideas about what to cook for this TD but nothing clever really stuck. So, I decided to lean more towards a meal that makes me happy. Admittedly, one of my favorite quick meals really is the good ole nacho. Usually some variation of meat topping along with the obligatory cheese and chips. Since I was going much bigger on this one I decided to have my topping be something I have wanted to try for a while now but haven't gotten around to it until today.

So I started off with some little smokies wrapped in bacon. On a couple skewers I went crazy and wrapped the smokey in pepperoni before it was wrapped in bacon. I also had some venison burger (no it wasn't a patty) thawed so I did a test run on some meatball ideas as well.

IMG_0534.jpg

So there you have it, Nacho Creamy Zesty Bacon-wrapped Little Smokies. I actually had leftovers which I am pretty sure was a all-time first for me to have leftover nachos. Granted, you all don't have to worry about the leftover nachos. After all, they are Nacho Leftovers :becky:

So, the colonel is a stoner. Only a stoner could come up with that meal, and only while stoned. That is Grade A munchies food. I hope the gubment doesn't find out. :shocked:

CD :becky: (deguerre can back me up on this)

Those nachos do look good. I will have to try that.

Nice chicken wing. Add about nine more wings, lose the broccoli, apples and that white stuff in the glass -- the fries can stay. Add a beer. :becky:

Welcome to the throwdowns.

CD
The photo was for the TD challenge, my second helping was not nearly as healthy looking.

Ooooo, I'll take some of that adult portion. Great use of the broccoli crutch. :hungry:
It was the next veggie on the shelf.
I did Brussels sprouts last time and it looks like cauliflower is next.

I'd like the adult and Happy Meal portion please.

Gore will eat my broccoli.
It's gonna be a long drive :p

Very nice James! :thumb:

Thanks BTW for joining the TD madness. :becky:
Thanks, looking forward to having fun with this.

IMG_0534.jpg

Great nachos Colonel... Never would have thought about that combo but I'd sure like to try it. :thumb:

Back