Portable Power Source to run a guru?

Two ways to go. One is a small ultra-quiet generator. The other is a deep-cycle battery and an inverter. I don't know the power requirement for a guru, assume you need 110v AC. If you did the battery/inverter route, you'd likely need a small cart and also you'd have to have a charger around for when you get home.

There are very quiet generators now. I was offered one which had a Honda motor a couple of years ago. I doubt they are cheap.

Of course, the other thing you could do would be to not use your guru when you're away from a power source ..

seattlepitboss

you can get a cord for the guru that has a cigarette lighter adapter and one with alligator clips. no need for ac current. either of the two would give you multiple options to power the guru such as your car, a battery or a charger pack. you just need a 12 volt source.

Z_800-2001-114.jpg

Z_800-2001-115.jpg

those guru guys think of just about everything :wink:

Last edited:
I'm looking for a large rechargeable battery. Nothing to crazy. May something that will power An aerobed compressor when camping and to run a guru so I don't need to run a cord throw my party in 2 weeks. I've been looking at the Duracell or maybe something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

That's a nice unit. I picked one that is similar for about $45 at Sam's club a few years ago. You won't need the special adapter with that one because it already has a power inverter

Just to update everyone. I took a measure of the guru using a Kill A Watt meter. When the fan is on it uses 3 watts. when the fan is off, it uses less then a watt so it shows 0 on the meter. This Duracell 300 says it will run a cordless phone of 5 watts for 10 hours. Since the guru is not on at all times and runs at 3 watts, your looking at well over 13 hours or more.

Back