• Black Pepper Smoked Ham **PT2**

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The Last Black pepper smoked ham disappeared so fast I just had to do another one. This time just a bit bigger! :thumb:

I didn't get any pics of the brining process but this is after being taken out of the brine and soaked for a bit in water.

16a52259.jpg

All trussed up:
f59a0f41.jpg

59310a92.jpg

Rolled in Black pepper and dried in the fridge overnight:
c16f35fb.jpg

97c41fdd.jpg

Hung and smoked with lychee wood:
6021916f.jpg

10d059fb.jpg

60f016ca.jpg

Hit it lightly with a spiced sugar for a slight touch of sweet and let it coast up to 155˚.
6ac12047.jpg

Took it off and let it rest for an hour then sliced!
85779689.jpg

7d5eff7a.jpg

ef9a6fcb.jpg

Man it was good, I think the touch of seasoned sugar raised it up a notch from the last one!:thumb::thumb:

Thanks for looking! :becky:
Cheers

Great lookin' hunka ham Phrasty! Wish I had a slice or two right now! :-D

Daggum Phrasty, I wish Jamaica wasn't so far away... I would enjoy visiting with you. Looks like I could learn A LOT. Your hams and bacons make me want to eat my mouse and keyboard.

I gotta quit looking at people's pron. My stomach is growling. That looks incredible! :hungry:

Black Pepper Ham

Boy!!!
Does that look good!!!
I probably missed it, but is that a boneless pork butt??
Did you use a cure, or just salt??
Oh, I found the first post. I am going to have to go to Cash and Carry and pick me up some butts---

Meatgasm....... Oh yeah!

Clean up on isle 5... :wink: I'll uhh... take that as a compliment!

Daggum Phrasty, I wish Jamaica wasn't so far away... I would enjoy visiting with you. Looks like I could learn A LOT. Your hams and bacons make me want to eat my mouse and keyboard.

Haha, Thanks brother! Yeah I think it'd be a good time... :heh: I could learn a couple things from you too man! :thumb:

Great lookin' hunka ham Phrasty! Wish I had a slice or two right now! :-D

OK now I'm sure YOU couldn't possibly be all out of cured meat! :heh:
Thanks a lot Jeanie... the ham IS pretty good though. I'll wrap up a couple slices for you when I cut it up! :thumb::heh:

That looks great.

And for those that want to know. Here is part one.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121301

Thanks Pyles, kinda forgot to put that up! :doh: Appreciate it! :thumb:

Cheers

I gotta quit looking at people's pron. My stomach is growling. That looks incredible! :hungry:

Haha, thinkin you're on the wrong site then my friend! :heh:
Thanks tho Tish! :thumb:

Boy!!!
Does that look good!!!
I probably missed it, but is that a boneless pork butt??
Did you use a cure, or just salt??
Oh, I found the first post. I am going to have to go to Cash and Carry and pick me up some butts---

Yeah it's a boneless butt. I'm not sure about how it is there but I buy bone in and debone it myself cuz it works out a bit cheaper that way. :wink:

Cheers

Back