• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Poll: Webcasts?

Did you watch the webcast of the Jack?

• Yes, it was great!

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Yes, but think the quality was poor

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Yes, only briefly

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Candy Sue

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This is a short quick two-part poll. Please respond!

Last edited:
Yes

Great, especially considering the technical conditions

No, but only cuz I'll be there :-D

They had technical issues but I thought they did an outstanding job covering it.

Yes, I watched it from their base camp when I wasn't busy!:becky: And...yessssss, I saw what some of you folks had to say:twisted:

Those guys did everything they could to provide a quality broadcast under some difficult conditions. There just isn't a lot of cell coverage down there, that is dependable with the possible exception of one provider.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in the future.

Edit: I need to add something else. When they were checking things out before we started any prep they had a decent signal out our site, and Andy was fine having them set up with us. I can be a Type-A personality, and I wasn't sure about that decision:laugh: The entire crew was respectful, and went out of their way not to interfere with anything we were doing. By the end of the weekend, they were family and having them there added a lot to the experience. They acted like professionals from start to finish, and at the end of the weekend I had several new friends. I'm all in favor of them getting a shot to do anything they think they can pull off based on my extended time with them.

I watched a small portion of it.
Then had to leave for a very long funeral.
What I did see was great!

I watched quite a bit of it. Outside of the tech issues I think they really need to put more effort into pre production. They would interview some of the absolute greats in BBQ and didn't have a clue who they were talking to. If you can't find a host that is up to speed on the BBQ world, then you need to do your homework...
I have great hope this could be a traveling regular circut show that could be sold to VS or some other cable outlet.
Ed

Coverage at the Royal was great! The Jack, not so much because of the limited internet access. That's understandable. The heart of KC should have good connections and as such great coverage yet again. The Hyatt might even be able to help ensure it. As a personal preference, I'd love to be able to have my family log in tro watch the awards since they wouldn't be able to be there and we may never be in this position again.

Yea I watched it
Heck I believed in it enough to sponsor it

I partied right from my house with the Habitual Smokers that Friday night..LOL :cool: I live only 9 miles from Lynchburg so when the kids got tired I came home and picked right up where I left off

I mostly watched from the spot next door ... occasionally, I lived it.

Back