THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yard sale find about 15 yrs ago, rusting/rotting. A 1980 "B".

Cooked on it a few times before the leg support rotted. Used it as a fire pit for a while, then in the garage for years...

I actually left this out on the curb last year...for 10 mins...but came to my senses.

Then I found youtube and this place and now its my LP-fired pizza oven.

Haven't made an edible pie yet. Need a cheap stone, but no luck finding one at HD, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0621.jpg
    IMG_0621.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 302
Here is mine. just found out about dates codes recently. Mine is a J which I think means made in 1987.

redkettleupinsmoke.jpg

Yard sale find about 15 yrs ago, rusting/rotting. A 1980 "B".

Cooked on it a few times before the leg support rotted. Used it as a fire pit for a while, then in the garage for years...

I actually left this out on the curb last year...for 10 mins...but came to my senses.

Then I found youtube and this place and now its my LP-fired pizza oven.

Haven't made an edible pie yet. Need a cheap stone, but no luck finding one at HD, etc.

nice! ask brother Moose what he uses in his gas fired pizza kettle, I'm sure he can give you a couple of ideas and he's always willing to help! :thumb:

CL scored the OTG on the right, date code EZ from 1998 today. $40 :grin:
The battle-scarred 18.5 OTS with mismatched ashpan is code H from 1986.
Redheads really do cook better, as the legend goes.

Attachments

• 092212.jpg
    092212.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 212
Didn't know about the mastertouch difference, but really appreciate the side rack for the lid and the thermometer.

Here is mine. "Red Hot" is a '73 Statesman. She sat in storage for approx 35 years. You wont find one in better condition...I guarantee.....

Last edited:
Did I just see that one on Craigslist? Good catch, enjoy.

I just bought a newred head but its not a Weber
IMG

Last edited:
The grill was on Craigslist but pics never made it. All of the pics were exchanged off line. The deal was done in less than a couple hours of posting.

Back