Brisket Question

bigbeef24

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Im catering a wedding next week with brisket on the menu. What is the best way to hold the brisket for freshness and what temp do you pull it if its going to be 4-5 hours before its served? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think you should be fine for 4 hours by wrapping it with foil and towels and placing them in a cooler. I've hear of guys adding something hot (boiling water etc.) to the cooler to help keep the meat warm for extended period. Just think of it as an extra long rest but you don't want it to get below 160 for any extended period of time.

As far as pulling it, I would pull it like normal. Wait till it probes like butter and you'll be fine.

I let mine sit out wrapped until the IT drops to 150 ish( serving temp) that takes about 2 hrs if I need to hold longer I hold in a low oven 170-180. the integrity of my butcher paper remains in tact until the flesh meets the steel

Use a good cooler, heat it with boiling water, then wrap the hot briskets in foil and towels. They'll stay above spoilage temp that way

Back