• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Who has one or has an opinion on it.

Daggs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
With having a 15 month old that cant leave my side and another one due in feb I'm having a harder and harder time grilling with charcoal. I really liked the looks of this in store and the fact that it has cast iron grates is a plus. Thanks for your thoughts.
(My wife will slap me when she get home for thinking about gas, so you guys don't have to)

http://www.cabelas.com/product/STOK...=0&Ntt=Grill&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

Looks good - especially for THAT price!!! Four burner control is GREAT too - will enable you to do off-set cooking. A gasser is good for those times when you just can't fire up the charcoal but still want to "grill" something.

GOOD LUCK!

My wife works full time and has full time graduate school while being pregnant. The 8yo helps but it's not her responsibility to watch him. He always wants to be right by the grill and smoker like dad. We all know that grilling is a 2 handed process so this may be my future.
Thanks for your response Tom

I don't know about STOK grills, but I've had a couple of gassers that have lasted three years, tops. One was a 400-dollar Charbroil Commercial with solid brass burners. The grill body rusted out in three years.

My dad has a Weber Genesis. It is at least ten years old, and sits outside 24/7/365. Yeah, a Genesis will cost about twice as much, but I leaned the hard way that It is cheaper to buy a 600-dollar Weber that lasts ten, fifteen -- maybe twenty years, than to buy a 300-dollar grill every three years.

Just my two cents.

CD

Gasser life-span

Yeah, a Genesis will cost about twice as much, but I leaned the hard way that It is cheaper to buy a 600-dollar Weber that lasts ten, fifteen -- maybe twenty years, than to buy a 300-dollar grill every three years.

Just my two cents.

CD

Even more pronounced in the North with the difference in the weather.

This was what i was afraid of. I don't have the money for a weber. My store credit would almost cover the grill. Decisions...

I've had a lot of disposable $300 grills in the past. They all seem to last 3 years and then something burns out. When you try to fix it, you cannot get the part -- well, actually, I did get a part once for one of them, but it cost $100. I'm not saying that a $300 disposable grill is not a bad thing, but I've seen a whole lot of really old Webers -- it's the last gasser I bought and it's still with me. Gassers are really nice when you're working late, tired, and have your hands full.

That thing looks like the Weber Spirit I cooked on this weekend in NY. (pics coming soon). Cast grates but I didn't see any pizza stone laying around the house we rented.For a gaser, that Spirit was pretty nice....seemed solid.

My Weber Genesis is fantastic, went through two $300 gassers in6 years before I pulled the trigger. Worth every penny. That experience pushed me to get a more expensive smoker, too.

Weber is what you want! I have had mine 8 years uncovered and still worked like a charm.

Back