• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Shirley 24x36 Test Run/Seasoning Friday & Saturday 1st Cook (Pig Heads & Cow Tongue & Duck oh my!!)

Things are really jumpin' back East!

Curious how that Gold Star goes on ribs... I'm stuck on it as a chicken rub. :roll:

Keep the fun times rolling!

Doing a duck on the Big Easy this afternoon. Just lost my appetite with you duck heads. I'm not squeamish and don't mind tongue and cheeks but some of this is downright gross. Bon appetit. :shock:

Things are really jumpin' back East!

Curious how that Gold Star goes on ribs... I'm stuck on it as a chicken rub. :roll:

Keep the fun times rolling!

So I actually just had extra gold star and pulled it out to use and finish off. It's decent on ribs for this one try. Nothing to write home about, but it was fine.

Better on chicken :clap2:

Here's what I got pics of. Most was my oldest coming back to the cow tongue asking for samples :-D
Fxw9inul.jpg

NVkR8UUl.jpg

Kf1f9Pil.jpg

J7yDALCl.jpg

O6WRzrYl.jpg

Np2Qt3Wl.jpg

YBSM4IAl.jpg

jfC2zavl.jpg

fWjcNZRl.jpg

V6k7EZFl.jpg

BnI7bM8l.jpg

Did I miss you mentioning how the new Shirley ran compared to your other Shirley's?

So initial thoughts (as one cook/use is not enough to use the word "review")

Maybe it's because I've had 2 prior Shirleys, but I really didn't have to think about how to run this thing :-D. The biggest difference is maintaining a smaller fire and needing smaller splits to keep a coal bed going and not put off any dirty smoke. The kindling cracker makes life easy. It will take a few more cooks to get the full swing of it, but will be easy enough.

Love the big tires and easy to move around, but still has some weight. Temps rebound quick from the little bit I paid attention to :becky:. Plenty of room to cook for a crowd. Most time when I'd cook on my 30x70 I was just cooking in the warmer anyways on 1 or 2 racks.

I didn't use the top rack to get the pig head on there and until I fill it I might not put it back in. But temps were relatively even top to bottom and across. I ran it in 40 degrees on Friday when playing around and those temp didn't seem to affect anything.

Not many other epiphanies I can think of, which I think shows how this Shirley just cooks like it should. More reps will tell more and I hope to cook on it 2-3 times a month. But so far I can see why these are flying off the shelves. Great size, great design, great results and great price.

Hopefully the short wait time doesn't get too long :caked:

What is the wait time and price point on this unit if someone can steer me in the right direction please.

Wait time around 8/10 weeks....price is 1975$.... but you can add an option of
The stainless shelf.... or umbrella holder....custom decal/ art work can be added
The cook chamber s 3/8 thick pipe but where the chamber has plate steel it is 1/4 plate..... firebox has an ash pan firebox material is 1/4 plate.... bottle opener is standard As is a shelf.... 1 temp gauge...1 port for probes...cart has 10 inch swivel pneumatics up front.... rear has a modified 3500# trailer axel with 8 inch boat trailer tires that are 16 inches diameter... hope that helps

Back