BOGO- Sucklebusters 1836/ Today Only

It’s Texas Independence Day. That occurred in 1836.

Cool Promo imho

Last edited:
The 1836 is a great product! :mrgreen:

FWIW: As a proud Texan, I'm well aware of the day. I was born and raised in San Antonio. My 4th great grandfather, Philip Dimmitt, was a Captain with the Texas Revolutionary Army. He just missed the Alamo because he was ordered out to scout for the Mexican Army and missed Goliad by one day due to orders out to scout for supplies.
So only by chance am I here today.
I do, however, like my chili with beans. Oh no! did I just say that?????:oops:

FWIW: As a proud Texan, I'm well aware of the day. I was born and raised in San Antonio. My 4th great grandfather, Philip Dimmitt, was a Captain with the Texas Revolutionary Army. He just missed the Alamo because he was ordered out to scout for the Mexican Army and missed Goliad by one day due to orders out to scout for supplies.
Beans!! It's probably that Florida heat and humidity that did it to you! :mrgreen:

Beans in chili is only a misdemeanor, carry on.

Beans!! It's probably that Florida heat and humidity that did it to you! :mrgreen:

More like 30 years of Navy mess cooks that ruined my taste buds. It couldn't have been the happy hour alcohol blowouts.

The Dimmit County guy...

The Dimmit County guy...

Yup. Someone way back then misspelled his name though. Should've been Dimmitt. Apparently it was either too costly to correct it or too embarrassing for the one who entered it in the state records.
When he was captured by a Mexican raiding party and later died, he owned over 30 leagues of land, which is over 132,000 acres. He left everything to his wife and ordered that the land and his trading posts should be sold to support his family.
Needless to say our family doesn't still have any of it.

Yup. Someone way back then misspelled his name though. Should've been Dimmitt. Apparently it was either too costly to correct it or too embarrassing for the one who entered it in the state records.
When he was captured by a Mexican raiding party and later died, he owned over 30 leagues of land, which is over 132,000 acres. He left everything to his wife and ordered that the land and his trading posts should be sold to support his family.
Needless to say our family doesn't still have any of it.

Crazy.

My friend has a ranch down in LaSalle County near Dilley. It had been in the family since the late 1800's and was 35,000 acres. It stayed like that till his grandfather owned it. When he died in the late 80's all the family fighting started and it kept getting divided. When we were kids in the 80's we had access to all 35,000 acres. There was all kinds of creeks and old dry riverbeds where we were find arrowheads. Sometimes small piles of 15 or 20 of them. It was awesome to think that some indians or whoever a LONG time ago sat there making arrowheads, and we found them.

South Texas was a great place to grow up. My brothers and I would also scour the land at my father's hunting lease for old artifacts. We would sit around the fire and tell ghost stories and listen to the old guys talk about the "early" day when the indians roamed the countryside. That was in the 50's around Bandera.
Some fond memories of those trips and cooking over an open pit that was just a dug out shallow hole.
The rule was if you kill it you gotta eat it! We learned quick about what not to shoot!
Still some of the best BBQ in the world!

Does 1836 taste much different form there SPG rub? I see they are mostly the same and I already have the SPG.

Yes it does. A bold flavor profile, great for beef.

Back