Who wants some company

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
for a contest in Missouri. I am not bragging, just laying the foundation - We have been pretty succesful in a short period of time (1 GC @ 60 Team Contest, Top 10 OA at 4 others, for a total of 17 calls / ribbons / trophy's in 9 contests over 2.5 years. I think we have some good info to share, but also need some help. Our ribs and brisket are generally good, chicken sporadioc and pork just misses the boat. Our scores are a bit scattered and I would really like to cook with an experienced team.

The paid class thing does not appeal to me. I want to share info as much as gain it. We cook every week catering, but are looking to improve the contest scores a bit. Who's going to Hermann?

when is herman? i have a wopping 1 comp under the belt and another in a month. dont know if i qualify for what you are looking for

To be brutally honest,

I am looking to cook with someone who has had some limited success, and hopefully we can feed off of each other. I'm not looking to "steal any secrets". Heck, what I do is an open book if I could cook with someone else.

I think what drives me, is that I have NEVER cooked with another team. This whole crazy thing started as a whim, selling Q at a buddies conveneince store. We got a 4th in ribs at our first contest (70 teams) and were hooked on contests. I think what I need is a benchmark to make sure we are on the right track in our the continued refinement of our recipes and processes.

I'm real confident in my catering abilities, just not so much this year at contests.

Talk to Andy (HoDeDo), we are doing Hermann with Jeff from "Bubba & Jeff".
I don't know if they would need any help cooking, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind having you hang out. I will tell him to get on when he gets home.

Hi Kim,

Looks like Todd (Plowboy) and I have worked something out behind the scenes. Thanks though!

Looks like Todd (Plowboy) and I have worked something out behind the scenes. Thanks though!

Pending approval from my social director. Actually, I'm going to see if we can leave one or both of the boys with Grandma and Grandpa so she can join.

You're set there - Todd has all my secrets already.:wink:

You're set there - Todd has all my secrets already.:wink:

True, because I gave them all to you.

Jeff - Wife liked the idea of going to Hermann, MO. We'll bring the camper, you bring the pit.

It will be HoDedo Chicken & Pork vs. Plowboy Chicken & Pork... wager?

I think I'll have a bottle of Goose that will be in the freezer of my rig :twisted:
<Kim shaking her head mod>

Is this overall score for the two catagories, ranking, some mix of both?what are our criterion?

I don't know what I am going to do with guys. You'all are nutty as hell!!!

BTW Todd. We are hoping to be with no kids also. Kaylin will be on her first Brownie (Girl Scouts) camping trip that weekend. I am still working Grandma to take Lauren for the weekend.

I think I'll have a bottle of Goose that will be in the freezer of my rig :twisted:
<Kim shaking her head mod>

Is this overall score for the two catagories, ranking, some mix of both?what are our criterion?

Combined overall score for Chicken & Pork. Winner gets Goosed the next week at the Royal by the loser. :icon_cool

I am still working Grandma to take Lauren for the weekend.

Hopefully your Lauren is young enough she never reads the fact that dad is trying to trick grandma so he can unload his daughter for a weekend of playing with fire and drinking with some of his internet friends...

hahaha

Back