My Thai........Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese...it's something!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Let's see if I can make this happen.
Some pork loin getting happy in some Thai chili sauce. I'm probably gonna mix up all the flavors, but oh, well!
WP_20140504_012_zps5e9c01c0.jpg

Gonna make an orange juice and Siracha glaze for a whole fryer I have defrosting. Maybe my butter, curry powder rice with some scallion oil. We shall see.

It was bottled stuff. More sweet than hot, but decent. Going with what I have on hand.:becky:

Yes, the sweet chili sauce. Also, got a whole fryer that got spatched and will get hit with some chipotle pineapple rub and a bit of soy sauce. Got some more pics coming but gotta get a fire goin!

Sweet! I grew up on Sriracha and sweet chili sauce. Love smoking some wings and tossing in sweet chili :)

Sweet chili sauce is some great stuff. In the summer I use it as a glaze for grilled salmon and it is delicious. I'm sure it'll do good things for that pork.

Thai sweet chilli sauce is the best sweet and sour sauce for dipping fried and roasted stuff imo. I prefer the Mae Ploy brand:
THMPLOY007.jpg
It's tangy with very mild spice.

There's a big difference between this stuff and the red chili sauce condiments popular in Thailand. It's quite spicy. That is similar to sriracha & ketchup. And like Red Hot, they put that $hit on everything!

Off the Kettle.
WP_20140504_037_zps0f5cf55a.jpg

Chicken got a bit toasty with the sugars in the glaze, but good thing is that toasty sugars is good! Kinda like toasted mallow on chicken skin...kinda!
WP_20140504_036_zpsc22c739e.jpg

I added some honey and some apricot and pineapple preserve to the oj and siracha, garlic glaze. Can you see the apricot kinda clinging there?
WP_20140504_035_zpsedb43a6a.jpg

Stick burning Kettle, Baby!
WP_20140504_038_zpsaaf60ac1.jpg

All quartered up.
Sorry bout the random order. Just a gorgeous Sunday and I was going as I went. Enjoy.
We sure did!

Bob

Last edited:
Back