• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Save the Breasts

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Just say no to a KCBS rule change for the chicken category calling for only whole chickens to be cooked.

Just say no to a KCBS rule change for the chicken category calling for only whole chickens to be cooked.

Todd, the timliness of this is weird, if this really is a change up for discussion. I didn't know this was up for consideration, but I was just thinking this afternoon about "what if" Half Chickens were required at KCBS, and how would you do that under the current judging model.

Not sure what my opinion is either way.

I hear Vegas took it off the board as it's so obviously not going to pass or even be seriously discussed.

Then the Save the Breasts campaign worked!!!! Glory be!!!

That's one for grass roots activism.

Perhaps was the fear of Myron Mixon Whole Hog King translating to Whole Chicken
King. :)

So, they kept it the same?

I wonder if you could do a cornish inside of a broiler ala turducken?

Well I don't care. I'm gonna cook whole chickens this year.

I'll just have to work to squish 6 in the box.

How do you fit a whole chicken in a muffin tin?
We'll all be buying those big injector needles so we can pump 1-2 pounds of butter into each whole chicken. Then put the chicken on a beer can set in a steam pan and you're ready to go. Or if you had a Paul Kirk roaster (Dave Klose model and a fine cooker BTW) you could hang them birds upside down by their feet until nearly done. Careful thought - you don't want the bird to part while cooking.

i wish we did have to do hole chick chick. in a year it would guve people a reason to go back to the cooking classes...

Back