• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

wife's work cook,meat haul, & blind taste test..

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
well from a local butcher i got 15#boxes of pork spares for $10.90-so i got 6 cases and 1lb(10ct)fattys for $9 and i'm cooking for a bunch of ER nurses & docs that are working all wkend....
anyway.. i'm also doing a blind taste test of dry rubs
PIc1 cimarron doc's
#2 mine(got some blackened in there
#3 magic dust
more pics to come
ribscoreaimee004.jpg

ribscoreaimee005.jpg

ribscoreaimee006.jpg

ribscoreaimee007.jpg

well there's also an 8lb butt for p.p,slaw,hashie casserole,abts,apple cobbler... not bad for hospital food- yuk yuk
here's the butt w/ a mustard lather(i never do) & my rub which is almost a blackened season sear it kinda deal w/ sprite,lemon, & mango liquer -the sprits really works w/ the 2 hr juices.
ribscoreaimee008.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, you're from KY, where's the bourbon rub? Spice them ribbies uptown baby! Sorry, I'm jealous of you're local.

Dude, you're from KY, where's the bourbon rub? Spice them ribbies uptown baby! Sorry, I'm jealous of you're local.
believe it or not purty much all south kentucky is dry(i drive an hour for a stock)i don't ast e the booze on the food- oh yeah plus the new tax......
hence the 'shine......:shock:

they liked my rub the best....there we're no leftovers of 3 racks,8lb of pulled,all the rest & they get my queso tomorrow...
i personally thought my new rub was a bit warm after a few bites but like dried habanero popcorn @ the bar- makes ya want more. i thought this would be perfect for judges- when ya get just 1 or 2 bites- something to remember me by....:twisted:

Back