View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
I'm brand new to vending and have no idea what to charge. I did do a July 4th event(my 1st) and had pulled pork, chicken, and rib plates. Plates included the meat, chips, beans, and a drink. Prices were as follows:
Pork Sandwich=$3
Pork=$6
Chicken=$6
Ribs=$10

I didn't cook many ribs and chicken and sold out of them. I had about 30# of pork left that I vacuum sealed and froze. Not bad since the fireworks got rained out and I was the only vendor that showed up. Anyway, I cooked it all "semi" competition style which as you all know is more work and cost. I think I sold it all too cheap but it may have been worth it to get my name out there.
I would love to hear from some of you seasoned veterans. I'll take any tips or criticism you can give me on any subject on vending at events and festivals. Thanks in advanced for the help!
If you get your name out for serving cheap que, that is what you will be known as and those are the customers you will attract. Google around for all the retailers who thought offering a groupon deal would get them more exposure and the type of customers these deals actually brought.

I want to be known for awesome food, great service, and a fun atmosphere. I use the best stuff, and take great pride in what I do, and my attitude shines through to my members who agree.

Just my opinion, and I am sure there are some guys out there who do well being the cheap guy working on huge volume.
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->