• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How do you like your steaks cooked?

How do you like your steaks cooked?

• Well done

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Medium

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Medium Rare

Votes: 152 70.7%
  • Rare

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Fact: steak is not bland
Maybe it depends on the cook. In my experience its bland and boring. Just not my thing. I wish I enjoyed steak but I don't. Well done is the only way I can eat it. I prefer black nugget marinaded steak.
Some people like it and some don't.
Good piece of pork is what I like. Steak I have had is nothing special. Pork chops are amazing when done right.

I have no intention of convincing you to believe steak is bland. Just my experience and I just don't care for it.

To each their own.:butt:

Maybe it depends on the cook. In my experience its bland and boring. Just not my thing. I wish I enjoyed steak but I don't. Well done is the only way I can eat it. I prefer black nugget marinaded steak.
Some people like it and some don't.
Good piece of pork is what I like. Steak I have had is nothing special. Pork chops are amazing when done right.

I have no intention of convincing you to believe steak is bland. Just my experience and I just don't care for it.

To each their own.:butt:
Heh, you kind of remind me of a customer I had when I was a waiter. He ordered a steak well done and I talked him down to medium. I told him that if he didn't like it, I'd happily take it back and have it cooked to well done for him.

When the steak came out, he cut into it and tried a bite. I watched as he dang near teared up. I came over and asked if everything was OK? And if he liked it? He said it was delicious but that he was sad that he'd missed out by eating them well done for all those years.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Like a lot of other folks have said, I order medium rare but anything rare to medium will work. I just read an article that said a lot of steak houses are intentionally sending out their steaks undercooked to ensure that if it's sent back it can be cooked more rather than having it overcooked and having to discard it. I really just like the center to not be at refrigerator temperatures.

That said, I also love raw: Steak Tartar, Kibbeh Nayyah, Carpaccio...

Medium rare to medium. If I'm at a normal restaurant and occasionally get a steak, I order it medium. If I'm at a steakhouse with a good reputation, I'll go medium rare. At home, med rare.

------
Check out my BBQ Instagram!
@headforthehillsbbq

If there is a good veterinarian in the house, he could bring it back to life....

That was my dads saying.

Seriously, I like medium-rare, leaning toward rare. I usually pull when I get 130 on the thermopen.

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But it kills the e coli!:p

Only issue would be in burgers and even then I Order mid rare...... living on the edge I are :becky:

My Dad liked his steak “destroyed”(well done)

depends on the grade and source. If it's choice beef I like med rare...aka..normal
If it is even prime ribeye...do to fat caps...the same
A good prime NY strip, or filet...especially if it is dry aged...wipe it's back side, cut off the horns and pass it through a warm room...cooked enough for me.

I agree with your dad. :)

That’s why your steak is bland tasting.... you’re eating a hockey puck:tsk: My Dad eventually graduated to med well then to Med and admitted he enjoyed the Medium much more than destroyed :thumb: just saying...

Oh and no “squirts” for me :boxing:

That’s why your steak is bland tasting.... you’re eating a hockey puck:tsk: My Dad eventually graduated to med well then to Med and admitted he enjoyed the Medium much more than destroyed :thumb: just saying...

Oh and no “squirts” for me :boxing:
:laugh:

Wondered if I could slip that by you.

A rare ribeye is an improperly cooked ribeye. I understand people's personal preferences, but there's a proper temp to cook a steak to depending on the cut that maximizes flavor and tenderness. That said, most any cut that exceeds medium rare is also improperly cooked. But fattier cuts benefit from cooking a bit longer than leaner cuts for the most part.

Back