Italian Chucky

Big Frank

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Cooked 2-9lb chucky's on the WSM. Wanted to try something different, so I put some of Todds Dirt on one of them. I found Dr. BBQ's Italian beef in search and made a doubl batch of the gravy. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=785965&postcount=10
Wife + mother in law had it with carrots + tators. I had a samich.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0181_1.jpg
    IMG_0181_1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 171
Oh yeah, looks good. I'll take one to go, please.

Great looking chuckies! Love the pic of the sammie.

Man, I just finnished lunch and after seeing those pics I am hungry again... Looks good man!!!

Dayum, something else to put on my to cook list. That's a fine lookin sammy.

Looks great. Reading the link you posted it describes cooking the meat in the gravy and then reheating with the gravy after you slice/pull. Did you do this as well? I know a lot of people like to do some sort of broth/apple juice/beer marinade after the chuckie reaches a target temp to take it on up to its final temp. Just curious if you did this as well or just cooked them straight and then maybe added the juice to your sandwich.

Looks great. Reading the link you posted it describes cooking the meat in the gravy and then reheating with the gravy after you slice/pull. Did you do this as well? I know a lot of people like to do some sort of broth/apple juice/beer marinade after the chuckie reaches a target temp to take it on up to its final temp. Just curious if you did this as well or just cooked them straight and then maybe added the juice to your sandwich.

After I pulled the beef I did put it back in the gravy. It's a great recipe. Next time I will make it with a bottom round.

I smoked it to about 165 than put it in the pan with the gravy, covered with foil
and cooked it to 205. Than I wrapped it in foil + towels while I cooked the veggies.

Leftovers

Sorry no pron,camera battery's are dead. Grilling some fish for the wife + her mother and thought I would make myself another sandwich and finish the beef.
Take out the bread. Chit. 2 day old french bread not real fresh. Wife says french bread pizza. Imagine serving the sandwich open face after grilling it and melting some Parmesan cheese on top. It was better than the 1st one.

Back