What should I serve?????

grillfella

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey boys doing an election party for my moms election party 140 people. Her people are giving me $600 bucks to do the food. Any ideas on what to serve? Not really looking to make a lot of money, but would like to pocket some (more of a promotional thing) any ideas:-D

Depends on the venue and how long people will be at the event. Will they all be there for quite a while or will they be in and out a lot, etc? Would you want to serve appetizers or meals or sandwiches? Pulled pork or brisket sandwiches? Seeing that you are in SoCal, tri-tip sandwiches? For appetizers you could serve MOINK Balls. sliders, etc. For meals you could have chicken and beef or pork in chafing dishes, plus beans, mac n' cheese, then salads on the side. Just don't leave hot food in the chafing dishes or the cold salads out too long or they start looking kind of bad and worn out. Better to have to re-fill the chafers, salad bowls, etc., than have old food out there for people. We always try to serve fresh food to our customers.

ad-kfc-value-meal-070109.jpg

Don't see how you will make any money for that price.

Taco bar. You can do grilled chix and some beef with the fixins. SHould be able to get $100 in your pocket, if lucky!

Smoked P&J sammies sounds good:biggrin:
Looks like a total advertising expense at that price.

Hey boys doing an election party for my moms election party 140 people. Her people are giving me $600 bucks to do the food. Any ideas on what to serve? Not really looking to make a lot of money, but would like to pocket some (more of a promotional thing) any ideas:-D

Just don't tell anyone how much you got paid - Perceived value is how to sell caterings!

Do you get the money up front? If so just pocket $100 then go to the store and get $500 worth of whatever is on special. I bet you can do Pulled pork, beans and slaw for that amount.

Back