Custome Pits and Fab or a Lang

Not sure of the exact thickness of the firebox but it is thinner than the cook chamber. Not sure of the exactly sure of the upgraded fire box but I believe it is a thicker steel and the vents are steel as well instead of aluminum. I will measure the grates tomorrow and get you a square inches of cooking surface.

I believe the FB is 1/4" while the cook chamber is 3/8".

I think I found a pic of what a firebox upgrade would look like. Not sure if this one is simply the thicker steel or if someone requested their firebox to be insulated.

Last edited:
I agree. It may be for preheating splits. If you look closely only 1 side had a fire in it. I wouldn't ask for that personally.

I want a divided firebox with a baffle to go into two separate cooking chambers. Would need a big arse firebox though.

I know the bottom picture looks the same thickness and grate as mine except my door is on the same side as the smoke chamber doors instead of the end.

Yes, enjoying it very much! Did have some issues today keeping her at temp and steady. Not used to this gigantic fire box so my fire was all over the place every time I stoked it and added a split I seemed to be moving the fire to the back of the box. I will get the hang of it just part of learning a new smoker. I also noticed I have a 50 degree temp difference from the bottom rack to where the gauges are located, which is fairly high on the doors, so when I had the smoker at 250 the temp on my bottom rack was only 200 which made for an extremely long cook before I realized it lol.

Yes, enjoying it very much! Did have some issues today keeping her at temp and steady. Not used to this gigantic fire box so my fire was all over the place every time I stoked it and added a split I seemed to be moving the fire to the back of the box. I will get the hang of it just part of learning a new smoker. I also noticed I have a 50 degree temp difference from the bottom rack to where the gauges are located, which is fairly high on the doors, so when I had the smoker at 250 the temp on my bottom rack was only 200 which made for an extremely long cook before I realized it lol.

Yeah looking at the pics on their site I figured there would be a discrepancy there with their temp gauge location but I'm alright with that since I use a thermoworks. Temps pretty even end to end?

Yeah looking at the pics on their site I figured there would be a discrepancy there with their temp gauge location but I'm alright with that since I use a thermoworks. Temps pretty even end to end?

Yep, end to end are within 5 degrees once up to temp. Anywhere from 10 to 20 degrees while it is coming up to temp but pretty sure that is to be expected.

Attachments

• 024AE6AC-3D5A-4BD7-9F34-0FF295BA43A5.jpg
    024AE6AC-3D5A-4BD7-9F34-0FF295BA43A5.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 205
Awesome man! I'm thinking about the 500 gallon with the propane holder, propane log starter, firebox and firegrate upgrade, and spare tire with spare tire mount.

Awesome man! I'm thinking about the 500 gallon with the propane holder, propane log starter, firebox and firegrate upgrade, and spare tire with spare tire mount.

Nice! This one has the propane burner and tank holder.

Also what is the square inches of cooking surface for the A1 and the A5? Sorry for all the questions but I've been back and forth between this company and a few others.

Measured the cooking grates today top is 23 x 53 and bottom is 28 1/4 x 53 so 2716 1/4 square inches of cooking space.

The charcoal grill cools
Well thinner gauge but it’s a grill. It gets up to 400 in there so you have to be careful. I cooked 80 burgers and 40
Dogs in no time at all.

Have some pork belly on today. About 4 lb slap and 8 pounds cubed. Trying something I saw on YouTube lol. Realized my temp issues last weekend are because I have been being to timid with the fire I’m building. She is doing great this weekend

Back