Beef Ribs

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Did the semi annual basement freezer clean up last weekend and found these stuffed way down in the bottom. Gave them a week to thaw in the frigde and penciled them in for this weekend.

Raw_zps5b7115c8.jpg

Trimmed them up and pulled the membrane. Pretty nice marbling to them, now it was just on me to not fark them up.

Marbled_zpse6ffa5dd.jpg

Hit them with a bit of EVOO and Smoking Guns Hot for the rub. I love SGH on brisket, but had never put them on the ribs for some reason before yesterday.........wished I would have done it sooner.

Rubbed_zps5868eaf1.jpg

Into the Stumps they went at 275 or so, with oak and cherry wood for the smoke. Around 5 hours in wrapped them with some beef stock and Worcestershire and let them go for another hour.

Unwrapped them and hit them with just a bit of sauce and back in for 15-20 to kind of set things up. I don't normally sauce them, but I was given a bottle of Beer's Black Dog Sauce and have found it to be damn good on just about everything, so went with it.

Done3_zps120efa97.jpg

I really need a better camera........and better skills, the pics don't do these things justice.

Done2_zps16c4f625.jpg

Thanks for lookin'.

Those look really good. I've never seen beef back ribs around here with that much meat on them! More typical is ribs that are trimmed so well that there are actual gaps between the bones. :mmph: It's too bad since the meat on the bones tastes so good.

I was just thinking this morning I needed to do some beef ribs, and now I'm knowing I need to do some beef ribs - nice work sir! :thumb:

I really need to do those...............Thank for the post, those look great

I was just thinking this morning I needed to do some beef ribs, and now I'm knowing I need to do some beef ribs - nice work sir! :thumb:

What....you just wander through your days just thinking about BBQ and what you should cook next or something man?

.....yeah, me too. :grin:

Those beef ribs look great!

Joe those look killer!! Beef ribs and frog legs... two of my favorites. :mrgreen:

That's because they aren't back ribs, they're short ribs.
Oh! :icon_blush:

The short ribs I see around here are about 1/2" long. You're looking at the cross section of the bone when they're in the blister pack.

Back